Need Moving and Storage Advice

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Default Need Moving and Storage Advice

We will be arriving at TV ( from NJ) the second week in July to choose and purchase our new home. We are planning to rent for however long a closing takes (2 months?) and we naturally need to store our belongings until then. Can anyone suggest a reliable (and honest) moving company with storage capabilities? I'm sure you've all been down this road.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran member

Most of the national movers will give you 1-2 months free storage and will quote you for any additional after that. Coming from the North, you should ask them to quote you for storage up there since storage in Florida is generally higher due to required climate controls (heat and humidity). We had those quotes in hand when we rented here but didn't use them since we closed within three weeks of arrival.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Veteran member

We rented a home with a 2 car garage and stored all our belongings there. After we closed we had 2 weeks to move and I rented a small truck and moved the small stuff and then got 2 workers to load and unload the larger items.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 PM

Boat and RV storage can cost more than average storage fees due to the space and security these items require,It is also benefits and protecting against dust and out sider factor.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Thumbs up Moving & Storage

If I may give you a suggestion, depending on who you use for your storage, you may not have easy access to your items when you need them. My suggestion is to have the movers move your items into a storage unit that you have researched and decided on. There is only one company that I know of that is a nationwide mover that could move your items and store them up here in Lady Lake/The Villages area - however - the product is open to everyone to see and put on their shelving.

Please feel free to contact Extra Space Storage, Ft Knox Storage, and Village Storage for pricing - ask about their specials to get the best deal. I know that all three of these locations can accept any size moving vehicle at their site. Then, when your home is ready, you can contract with a local mover to move your product to your home. When in private storage, you have the lock and keys and access to your product should you need something.

2 other suggestions - boxes - NUMBER them - don't put a room on them. Number the box, then make a list of exactly what is in the box. Email yourself a copy and put a copy of the list inside of the box. That way the boxes are reusable and you will know exactly what box is for what room without having every one else know.

Walking Aisle - Make sure the space you rent for your product has an aisle up the middle so you are able to access something you may have forgotten you needed..Good Luck and Welcome to the Neighborhood!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.