CDC test kits at the Polo Field

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2020, 06:47 AM

Thank you for the in-depth analysis, also taking the time to explain to the rest of us. Hope to read some of your posts again
Old 04-22-2020, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I just saw where the University of Florida medical people were using CDC test kits at the Polo Field to test people for the corona virus. The CDC kits were found to have been defective even prior to them having been used here. Why weren't they using the accurate test kits (I think from Abbott)? I am concerned that any results they gave people could possibly be incorrect. Does anyone have any more information on this?

were did you first see it?

what prevents you from going to find out what their source is/was?

oh no, you'd rather just throw it out there and create more rumor
Old 04-22-2020, 07:27 AM

Just wondering if and when the antibody tests may or will be available at some scale. I really only care if I ever had the virus and may be immune.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:45 AM

I believe that they were not FDA approved.

Last edited by cheweycat; 04-22-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:50 AM
Veteran member
Default berate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvbar View Post
I am leery to post here due to not wanting to be berated as some people usually do, but does anyone know what type of testing UF Health was using? Also, UF Health is not an FDA approved laboratory to process these samples that were taken. I’m just wondering how we are so quick to say that these tests were approved by the FDA, when there is nowhere that says which test was being used.
Yes, I am sorry I posted a question/concern about the tests. I rarely post here because of the finger shaking and snarky answers but I do appreciate the response from "blueash" who provided thorough and helpful information.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Well, we’ll. The first political response.

Kind of surprised that no one has blamed The Family yet.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:58 AM
Veteran member
Smile Great sense of . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpygreens View Post
If that's your two cents worth, you should be aware that we have price gouging laws.
You clearly have a great sense of humor, which a lot are looking for these days. Thanks for the smiles.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, I am sorry I posted a question/concern about the tests. I rarely post here because of the finger shaking and snarky answers but I do appreciate the response from "blueash" who provided thorough and helpful information.
You can easily close the thread ...... end of problem.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:21 AM

Some cable news outlets have reported that the tests weren't accurate and now as of a couple days ago, Abbott's testing isn't accurate either. Wouldn't it be nice to actually have competent people handling this crisis? There is never a straight answer to any of these coronavirus questions. It's no wonder we have the highest number of cases and deaths. We can't get an accurate count because we can't get accurate testing. What a miserable failure.

Quote:
I just saw where the University of Florida medical people were using CDC test kits at the Polo Field to test people for the corona virus. The CDC kits were found to have been defective even prior to them having been used here. Why weren't they using the accurate test kits (I think from Abbott)? I am concerned that any results they gave people could possibly be incorrect. Does anyone have any more information on this?
Old 04-22-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
UFShands can only use tests that are approved by the FDA and/or maybe CDC??. I know this because I called my doctor at the liver transplant center to ask if I can get the antibody test (because I think I had the virus in Dec.) and was told that they have to wait for FDA approval. They are very busy taking care of transplant patients and those on chemo at the moment. Keep in mind they stopped testing at Polo Field 3 weeks ago and if no one has come down with the virus in the last 3 weeks, then it really doesn't matter if the some of the tests were wrong! I know a few people who were tested and had not been exposed, but did it because they wanted peace of mind...
Old 04-22-2020, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

It is sad that some people are afraid of being ridiculed if they post here. I hope everyone is adult enough to realize that is a form of bullying and there really is no reason for it at all. In any case, I heard yesterday that the reagents used in the kits are in short supply and that the reagent is coming from China. Does anyone know this to be true? Also, and this is simply my opinion, if you are asymptomatic, why would you get tested unless you thought you already had it and are willing to donate your antibodies. Why not save the kits for those who really need it because they are symptomatic? These are simply my thoughts and concerns. In a world where you can be anything, why not be kind?
Old 04-22-2020, 10:09 AM

Perhaps a call to them might ckear.that up. Iys highly unlikely anyone who subscribes to here will have an informative answer.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Also, and this is simply my opinion, if you are asymptomatic, why would you get tested unless you thought you already had it and are willing to donate your antibodies. Why not save the kits for those who really need it because they are symptomatic? These are simply my thoughts and concerns. In a world where you can be anything, why not be kind?
Those are the same inconsiderate people that don’t think about anything other than themselves.....

Same bunch that are hoarding the paper products !!

Sad but true !
Old 04-22-2020, 10:49 AM

The Virus Working the way thur the wastewater ??
If so what is the Villages doing to protect us..
(Watering your lawn, and Golf Course ) has

New research looks at wastewater to detect community spread of Covid-19
Old 04-22-2020, 11:49 AM
Location: Formerly resided in southeast Wisconsin; now in the village of Winifred
Default CDC test kits.

It's my understanding that the CDC lab botched their initial manufacture of test kits, (the kits were contaminated and results could not be trusted). From there on, the kits were sent out to other labs for manufacture. The CDC test kit itself worked fine. It was in the manufacturing of the kits where the CDC stumbled badly.
Closed Thread

Tags
kits, test, cdc, people, field

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.