CDCs promised report today:

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 09:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
So if you hear:
Oh darn, we were wrong about the safety of the vaccines…
But now that we see the results of the largest vaccine trial in history we have better information…
Oops - our mistake - sorry…
But that’s science…
People can't handle the truth.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
So if you hear:
But now that we see the results of the largest vaccine trial in history we have better information…
But that’s science…
No, and that is not what they said. They were right about the safety of the vaccine, and are still right. And they were right about how well the vaccine worked against the virus it was designed to work against. When the Delta variant came about they said the vaccine might work against it. As soon as evidence came out that it was possible to have breakthroughs they almost immediately told the public that the latest data shows breakthroughs.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:02 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
No, and that is not what they said. They were right about the safety of the vaccine, and are still right. And they were right about how well the vaccine worked against the virus it was designed to work against. When the Delta variant came about they said the vaccine might work against it. As soon as evidence came out that it was possible to have breakthroughs they almost immediately told the public that the latest data shows breakthroughs.
The CDC hid the information on the breakthroughs for months. They stopped updating their website as the numbers were climbing.
And the long term results aren’t even available yet…
Old 07-30-2021, 10:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
The CDC hid the information on the breakthroughs for months. They stopped updating their website as the numbers were climbing.
HID is a very prejudicial term - implying some nefarious motivation. Do you have any proof they intentionally HID information?

Or did they wait until they had enough information to be able to justify saying something?
Old 07-31-2021, 05:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
So if you hear:
But that’s science…
If I hear that I will be just as surprised as if I open the door and Ed McMahon is standing there. One is a little more likely than the other but either would be a great surprise.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-31-2021, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Didn't hide it at all. In plain print they explained that they could not reliably count infections that may or may not be reported and may or may not result in symptoms so they moved on to providing more reliable numbers.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-31-2021, 05:49 AM
Bella6368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
comment....the cdc can not dictate what we must do, but only what they recommend. The fact that their suggestions change weekly and sometimes daily only means they're clueless...why you might ask...because enough facts about the vaccine and those who have taken it(and those that haven't)aren't available. It can take years to amass and understand what all the data means.

You are free to do what you please without gov't interference. Masks do not guarantee you won't get the virus...nothing does. Deal with it!
Nor should any employer private or federal require employees to take this EAU drug.
IT IS STILL AN EXPERIMENTAL DRUG! AND TO TOP THAT OFF IT WONT EVEN PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING COVID. AT BEST IT MIGHT LIGHTEN YOUR SYMPTONS IF YOU GET IT, BUT YOU ALSO CHANCE LONG TERM UNKNOWN SIDE EFFECTS. IS IT WORTH IT, I ASK?
Old 07-31-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella6368 View Post
Nor should any employer private or federal require employees to take this EAU drug.
IT IS STILL AN EXPERIMENTAL DRUG! AND TO TOP THAT OFF IT WONT EVEN PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING COVID. AT BEST IT MIGHT LIGHTEN YOUR SYMPTONS IF YOU GET IT, BUT YOU ALSO CHANCE LONG TERM UNKNOWN SIDE EFFECTS. IS IT WORTH IT, I ASK?
You are not allowed to question this. The "experts" have spoken. They are all knowing....We must believe they are the "experts" because they told us so.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:16 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
In the report…..
Of the infections, 74% occurred in fully vaccinated people who had one of the three FDA-emergency approved vaccines and 80% had symptoms (so you don’t have to do the math, MOST of the infected were vaccinated. So in this case, being un vaccinated was better)
Only four of the vaccinated people were hospitalized, two of whom had underlying conditions, and there were no deaths
Results showed that vaccinated people who get COVID-19 have same viral levels as the unvaccinated

Population of Barnstable County, MA, where data comes from, is 213,000.
And apparently the vaccine isn’t a vaccine.
96% of the hospitalized are unvaccinated in So Fl. True, its south of us but still shows who is getting it
Old 07-31-2021, 06:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Well, the other "placeholder" thread got 120 offtopic posts, so to avoid being buried in the noise here is the actual report they promised.

NOT GOOD NEWS.

I can't wait to see all the spin and out-of-context quoting and off-topic misinformation.

But, what can we do. This is the information from the CDC, comments on any topic welcome, even a discussion of why the government is lying to us about why Mary Queen of Scotts abdicated the throne on July 24, 1567...

Bad News From CDC - Today: Jul 30, 2021
Do you vaccinated people ever wonder if your vaccine dosage was handled properly before it went in your arm? Pfizer for example super frozen at -60c to -80c then still prior to use “warmed up “to -15c and then thawed in a refrigerator, mixed with saline and ready for the jab. 6 hour shelf life at room temperature and can’t be refrozen. Yeah and you went to some drive up site where they had them in an Igloo cooler. That is a lot of trusting the system people .
Old 07-31-2021, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
If I hear that I will be just as surprised as if[B] I open the door and Ed McMahon is standing there.[/B] One is a little more likely than the other but either would be a great surprise.
If that happens, run. The apocalypse is upon us and he's about to steal all your booze. Zombies are bad enough, can you imagine DRUNK zombies? *Shudder*.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

It's the era of superbugs as they predicted I reckon. Vaccines, like the flu shot and Covid 19, can only fully work for 'last year's' virus. I for one will continue to social distance as much as possible because variants will find a way to infect and kill immunocompromised people. But even with distancing precaution (except with my Boo) I will still enjoy my life to the fullest.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Didn't hide it at all. In plain print they explained that they could not reliably count infections that may or may not be reported and may or may not result in symptoms so they moved on to providing more reliable numbers.
If you tested positive and went back for multiple additional tests, the CDC had no problem reporting every positive test as a new case. But they couldn’t “reliably” report breakthrough cases…
Is that what you’re saying…
Old 07-31-2021, 07:00 AM

Testing has dropped because many who get it who are vaccinated do not have symptoms.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlbonivich View Post
Testing has dropped because many who get it who are vaccinated do not have symptoms.
And the CDC doesn’t want vaccinated people tested.
“People who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 don’t need to be tested regularly or quarantine, even after being exposed to someone who was sick,”

CDC: Fully Vaccinated Can Skip Routine COVID Testing
Closed Thread

Tags
news, cdc, promised, today, report

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.