Cell phone service in hemingway

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Default Cell phone service in hemingway...

Thanks for the update....
The coverage area wasn't what I wanted with "our sponsor"...so, I went with NET10.

I am not having any problem with service---they also would transfer my old cell phone number to the new phone. The telephone was inexpensive and I can get refills on the minutes at almost any drug store, or on-line or right from the cell phone itself.

I am MUCH happier with this service than with SPRINT....and I like that I can "pay as I go". I am finding that I use the cell phone far less often down here than I did up North--not sure why. I also have unlimited long-distance on my land-line (maybe that is why I use the cell phone less often)..for $19.99/mo with Comcast...
Old 07-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Gold member

Thanks for the update.

When we first moved to Virginia Trace our cell phone service was not good. We were told by Verizon to be patient and it would get better once the new tower was turned on and fine tuned. That got delayed (hurricanes took the crews elsewhere) but we remained patient - we had service, just not the greatest and had to step outside on occasion. Happy to say the service did dramatically improve to the point where I had kind of forgot about it. We now live in Hemingway and use our cell phones without any issues at all. We have had Verizon service for years and traveled around the country and Canada. Have used the phones for internet service (tethered to a laptop as well as using the phone's browser) with success in 90% of the areas we traveled, and those poor areas were a few years ago, the service may have improved.

So much for my Verizon pitch - I don't think I even own stock in Verizon, but my mother does.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Default cell phone reception

We live in Hadley and the reception is horrible with both Embarq and Cingular. We need some more cell towers in the south end.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:58 PM

I had the same problem when I moved to Hemingway, my T-Mobile would only work if I sat by the living room window, then it would cut out anyway. I switched to Verizon and have had no problems.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:06 AM

I use tracfone . no problem any where in Villages

drd
Old 07-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdodge View Post
I use tracfone . no problem any where in Villages

drd
If one is not prone to long conversations on the cell phone, Tracfone is foolproof anywhere in TV. By nature of my business, I have received calls from one end to the other.
Handie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.