Cell service in TV South

Old 04-28-2024, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justputt View Post
I stopped by a Verizon office and complained about it. They told me that TV would not let them place towers because they were considered an eyesore. ...
You can go online and view cell tower locations.

It looks like there a quite a few cell towers up and running already. 5G towers are often not higher than 50' so they are not as obtrusive as the older towers.

Cellular Tower and Signal Map
Old 04-28-2024, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbajeda View Post
I asked the District Manager why there were no cell towers in TV. He told me there is a law restricting towers in age-restricted communities.
That is a blatant flat out lie. There is no such "law".
The term NIMBY comes to mind... Not In My Back Yard

Ask yourself... why would they lie to a resident?
Old 04-28-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:
We're near 470 & TP, and often only have 1-2 bars, calls in/out break up, we have Verizon, and looking for options. I stopped by a Verizon office and complained about it. They told me that TV would not let them place towers because they were considered an eyesore. IMO, so are the power stations, power lines, etc., but we have them anyway. Verizon said I could call 611 for a "micro tower" which basically uses my residential internet to provide a stronger signal (I'm guessing basically VOIP). Obviously, this doesn't help away from home, and I don't know how far away I can get from the house before I lose its benefit. Are there any cell service providers that actually have tower coverage in the south? FWIW, I can see a tower from my house toward the TP, assuming not Verizon's. I wonder if TV is really limiting cell tower access...
We use our wifi for calls inside our house and AT&T for cell service. No problems.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
We're near 470 & TP, and often only have 1-2 bars, calls in/out break up, we have Verizon, and looking for options. I stopped by a Verizon office and complained about it. They told me that TV would not let them place towers because they were considered an eyesore. IMO, so are the power stations, power lines, etc., but we have them anyway. Verizon said I could call 611 for a "micro tower" which basically uses my residential internet to provide a stronger signal (I'm guessing basically VOIP). Obviously, this doesn't help away from home, and I don't know how far away I can get from the house before I lose its benefit. Are there any cell service providers that actually have tower coverage in the south? FWIW, I can see a tower from my house toward the TP, assuming not Verizon's. I wonder if TV is really limiting cell tower access...
I live in citrus grove along meggisoon. I can SEE a cell tower. I use straight talk, which uses Verizon towers.

ALWAYS have 5 bars. Maybe change your settings to a new tower
Old 04-28-2024, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,458 Times in 2,549 Posts

Coleman provides a very good cell service.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:09 AM

Cell phone reception in the six places I have lived or rented in TV has been iffy to terrible. That's why I use wifi calling at home. Not all of TV has bad reception. It is hit and miss. Power line right of ways are one thing, but I have seen a few places on the border of TV that had incredible backyard views of open farmland if not for ugly cell towers so I know how some folks can be a bit sensitive about them.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:48 AM

Consumer Cellular uses AT&T towers. Looking at the coverage maps, both AT&T and T-Mobile seem to have better coverage than Verizon in the TV area.

Tags
tower, cell, verizon, power, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.