Census Forms

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Today was the deadline and still no form. I called the Census help line to request a form and spent several minutes trying to get the machine to accept my address (don't know why you can't just request a form online). Finally was redirected to a human who apologized for having to read me a required paragraph which stated that I must give him my census number if I have one and where to find this number on my census form. He then told me that he knew I didn't have a census number or I wouldn't be calling but he still had to read the paragraph. Gave him my address and was told I should receive a form shortly.

This model of efficiency which broke Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Amtrak and the Post Office will now be entrusted with our Healthcare. Good grief...
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

Still have not received a thing. This is our only address. Typical gov't cluster (you know what.)

Although, it would not surprise me a bit if they want it that way in certain Florida locations. Where has a big surge in population growth happened in the last 10 years.
Wouldn't want another conservative area represenative or anything.

Perhaps just cynical. But who really knows how they work in Washington.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Just wondering - am I the only one who hasn't received a Census Form in the mail? I keep hearing on the news that we need to hurry up and mail it back. Where do we get one?
Strangely, I've received at least six census forms. They just won't stop coming. I'm a Canadian citizen and when I'm in the USA, I'm called a Resident Alien! ... Go figure.

So I probably have the census forms for BlueHeronFan and Logdog at my house!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Default Addressed to resident

The forms are all addressed TO RESIDENT. The are for an address. It doesn't matter who lives there. Names are not required.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Gold member

Remember when the Census was taken every 10 years without angst and controversy? It was completed, and sometime down the line the results came out and that was it. I guess things are just more complex now,
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Just wondering - am I the only one who hasn't received a Census Form in the mail? I keep hearing on the news that we need to hurry up and mail it back. Where do we get one?
We just got ours in the mail today! They are also available at the library (Belvedere) and there is a census person there from 1 - 4.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
We just got ours in the mail today! They are also available at the library (Belvedere) and there is a census person there from 1 - 4.
Just to clarify, you can only get the form from the census person between 1 - 4. I foolishly thought that maybe they would make some forms available during regular library hours and stopped by Monday morning. With typical government efficiency, I was told to come back between 1 - 4. Guess you need special training to hand out the form.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Default Library .....heck no!

My wife and I read the library had census forms. So we stopped there while doing errands to pick one up. True to form, they were of no help again.
Said soem guy had them and would be back tomorrow. (Guess no one thought of leraving a few dozen). Anyway, the wife went back a second day and sure enough, the guy was there but had run out of forms. A few days later we had to run errands in Leesburg. We stopped at the PO (they have a real one) in Leesburg and they had the forms sitting on a counter in the lobby.
The V's flops again when it comes to customer service.

Jerry

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

Can't blame The Villages for this one. The library is run by Sumter County and the census guy is a Fed government worker. The census is a government operation and they will soon be running more than half of our economy.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Platinum member

Hi there,

I have never received any information concerning the census. I live in Bonita. Does anyone have a suggestion concerning this matter? I would like to be counted.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

Call the Census help line at 1-866-872-6868. That's how I finally got a form.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Call the Census help line at 1-866-872-6868. That's how I finally got a form.
Thanks for the information.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.