Century Link internet problems

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Unhappy Century Link internet problems

I currently have Century Link as my internet provider but we are having constant problems. Sometimes we have a connection and at other times we do not. Has anyone experienced similar problems and what internet provider is possibly more reliable than Century Link?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Gold member

for internet, Comcast is the only way to go. they offer the fastest internet in the area.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

We've had centurylink for over a year without any outages. I have to reset my router occasionally, but that's it.

Dr. Seuss
Old 12-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Platinum member

We also had a lot of problems with CenturyLink. We switched to Comcast after our CenturyLink got agonizingly slow. How slow? So slow that the online speed test would time out before it was able to finish. Watching anything streaming online was a fantasy. Love Comcast!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:40 PM

If you live south of 466a Brighthouse offers HSI and we have had no issues for the past 6 months.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

Yeah, maybe it's where you are. We are south of 466a, have had Centurylink since April, and have had no issues. Like mentioned above, had to reset router a few times...that's it.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran member

Had Century Link when we lived in Duval. We had nothing but problems. When we moved to Sanibel (2 years ago) I got Bright House. No problems since.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:02 PM

Most of Century Link is dsl is your modem hooked up by a telephone line? if so ask them about broadband.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:10 PM

Call repair service for DSL . Century Link Technical support is second to none. You might try to unplug power to your modem first then plug in again.
Also, modems have been updated to better models and CTL will send you a new one if it is obsolete or defective. Good Luck , be patient. ALL internet providers will experience some problems. The main thing is to get it fixed promptly and I believe CTL will take care of your problem.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by er9027 View Post
Call repair service for DSL . Century Link Technical support is second to none. You might try to unplug power to your modem first then plug in again.
Also, modems have been updated to better models and CTL will send you a new one if it is obsolete or defective. Good Luck , be patient. ALL internet providers will experience some problems. The main thing is to get it fixed promptly and I believe CTL will take care of your problem.
I agree! As I said, no problems except for an initial settling in.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We've had Century Link internet and landline phone since July 2011 and we've experience only one outage of our internet a few months ago for about 45 minutes. Our service has no modem, they refer to it as 'to the curb'. We plug our router directly into a telephone wall jack, it's a special 2 port jack on a kitchen wall. One is for the internet and the other for home phone. We have 10 mpbs internet speed and I've never had it test below 9.0 speed. Our service is $59.99 a month and with tax it runs just about $75, that includes the phone with unlimited long distance, caller ID and call block. We have Directv for our television. We live off of St. Charles near Sterling Heights Rec Center in the Village of Tamarind Grove, which is about a half mile north of CR 466A.

I have never found a need to switch to anyone else. Earlier we had a bad experience with Comcast back in Maryland so we had switched from cable TV to Directv and to Verizon for internet. Home phone and internet were much cheaper with Verizon but unfortunately they only have cell phone service here. We stayed with Directv and hooked up with Century Link when we moved here in July 2011 and have no complaints.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:43 AM

I have a friend trying to get Bright house for her new home but with no luck. How can she reach them.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marywil View Post
I have a friend trying to get Bright house for her new home but with no luck. How can she reach them.
Brighthouse on Google info:

Internet Service Providers (ISP), Telephone Companies, Cable & Satellite Television Services/Product offered:Telephone Services (407) 645-4701

Try calling and or look up their address on Google, and go the store your closest to you.

I hope this helps you.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-26-2013, 01:57 PM

I have had centurylink since we were in Ohio, nothing but problems since we have been here. I could write short book about the repair staff that visits for repairs. Speed slides all over the place. Finally hit my stopping point today when I tried to get their phone staff to help me. Finally told her she could change me to the folks that right up cancellations, she did and so did I. Plan to try Comcast for DSL as my Direct TV is unequalled.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Veteran member

North of 466 Century Link just plain sucks..In addition their customer service has ALWAYS been non existent to say the least. I'm looking for someone else as Comcast is just plain too expensive for internet only. They always scam you to try and get you to subscribe to their "bundled" service.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.