CenturyLink Fiber Internet Installed, 2 Day Later The System is down for 5 Days

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2020, 02:12 PM
Default CenturyLink Fiber Internet Installed, 2 Day Later The System is down for 5 Days

We just had CenturyLink Fiber Internet service installed on Monday. On Wednesday afternoon, the system is "OFFLINE". I called CenturyLink, the system is down and will be repaired on Monday. The issue is not at our house, it's offsite. As of this writing, I am at Day 3. I am glad I did not disconnect the Xfinity service.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:25 PM
John41

we had lots of problems with them. back to xfinity for us
Old 09-26-2020, 02:30 PM
Default I am on CenturyLink and we have been UP this entire time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block View Post
We just had CenturyLink Fiber Internet service installed on Monday. On Wednesday afternoon, the system is "OFFLINE". I called CenturyLink, the system is down and will be repaired on Monday. The issue is not at our house, it's offsite. As of this writing, I am at Day 3. I am glad I did not disconnect the Xfinity service.
My service has not been impacted. I am in the north of the Villages. I feel for you, we have had the service go down for a part of a day. So much of our entertainment is based around having the internet available.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
My service has not been impacted. I am in the north of the Villages. I feel for you, we have had the service go down for a part of a day. So much of our entertainment is based around having the internet available.
I don't believe the northern sections have fiber service, they have XDSL which would explain it. That was my last experience checking with them and I am just north of 466A. A lot of the south side of 466A has fiber.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:28 AM
Default North we do have fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I don't believe the northern sections have fiber service, they have XDSL which would explain it. That was my last experience checking with them and I am just north of 466A. A lot of the south side of 466A has fiber.
I have seen the fiber, the actual wiring. I am fairly confident of this statement. I had DSL in the past and this is different.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
My [fiber] service has not been impacted. I am in the north of the Villages.
Quote:
I have seen the fiber, the actual wiring. I am fairly confident of this statement. I had DSL in the past and this is different.

What "north" village & street are you on that you have CL fiber? Last time I contacted them in June they said they only had fiber South of 466A and not even full coverage there. Best they could offer me here was 20meg service (XDSL) and I am in Amelia. I went with Xfinity 300meg service. Was trying to avoid Xfinity because I can't stand them but had no other choice.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

At least you know the problem is not your equipment.
Closed Thread

Tags
system, centurylink, day, fiber, monday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.