Chairs at Adult Pools

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Platinum member
Default Chairs at Adult Pools

With the chair saving issues at the Squares, what goes on at the adult pools? Do people hog chairs there too?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage

It's never been a problem at any of the adult pools I have visited. The supply of chairs seems to be ample. I primarily go to pools south of 466 where there is an adult pool for practically every Village (except a couple of the Bridgeport premier 'hoods).

I know Duval is one of the largest Villages... wonder if folks there ever have chair issues?

How about in the older areas or N of 466 where there are not as many pools?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

I live in Pennecamp and the pool there is very busy, especially during the winter months. Empty beach chairs are hard to find sometimes. The great part of being in Pennecamp is that there are 10 pools within 1.5 miles. When I see the parking lot loaded with golf carts, I just keep going to another less crowded pool.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 AM

Have had to wait for a chair at the Springdale Pool but never saw anyone saving a chair for someone else.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Default Chair savers

I live in Tamarind Grove and go to the pool there. This week was very busy and on Thursday when I went, I noticed 2 chairs with a towel draped over them, but no person who they belonged to. An hour later, a couple showed up to "claim" their chairs. I had a chair, but did not think it is fair for people who are not there to "save" chairs while others do without. From the couples' conversation, they were fairly new residents, if at all, since they didn't know where LSL was.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookBarb View Post
I live in Tamarind Grove and go to the pool there. This week was very busy and on Thursday when I went, I noticed 2 chairs with a towel draped over them, but no person who they belonged to. An hour later, a couple showed up to "claim" their chairs. I had a chair, but did not think it is fair for people who are not there to "save" chairs while others do without. From the couples' conversation, they were fairly new residents, if at all, since they didn't know where LSL was.
That is odd that they didn't know, probably guest?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

seems to be a fair amount of chaise savers at the webb way adult pool in village of silver lake...living close to that pool i have the advantage of watching the golf carts pass the house with pool gear loaded and a short time later return past the house without any gear! when attempting to enjoy the pool in the afternoon i arrive to find MANY chairs supporting only towels and not bodies...so i just excuse myself to the towel, move it aside and adopt the spot. have not yet encountered a problem - probably 'cause i don't spend that much time sitting in the sun. but then, i don't consider an unoccupied 'saved' chair MY problem, but rather that of the 'saver' who left the premises - and so i would tell them - at the pool or the square!

Old 03-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
seems to be a fair amount of chaise savers at the webb way adult pool in village of silver lake...living close to that pool i have the advantage of watching the golf carts pass the house with pool gear loaded and a short time later return past the house without any gear! when attempting to enjoy the pool in the afternoon i arrive to find MANY chairs supporting only towels and not bodies...so i just excuse myself to the towel, move it aside and adopt the spot. have not yet encountered a problem - probably 'cause i don't spend that much time sitting in the sun. but then, i don't consider an unoccupied 'saved' chair MY problem, but rather that of the 'saver' who left the premises - and so i would tell them - at the pool or the square!
That is one of the pools I think I'm interested in. What pool gear are they hauling? Cooler?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Never had a problem , always plenty of chairs.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
That is one of the pools I think I'm interested in. What pool gear are they hauling? Cooler?

noodles, towels and tote bags [unknown contents -] mind you, am a snowbird, so my experience is just dring the winter...my guess is that life is different after we all flock back home.

webb way also has the hot tub - so lots of folks like to come for a soak at all hours of the day/nite. bottom line - folks there are friendly and i have never seen a confrontation of any sort.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
noodles, towels and tote bags [unknown contents -] mind you, am a snowbird, so my experience is just dring the winter...my guess is that life is different after we all flock back home.

webb way also has the hot tub - so lots of folks like to come for a soak at all hours of the day/nite. bottom line - folks there are friendly and i have never seen a confrontation of any sort.
That's what I'm looking for. Adult beverages allowed?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Sage

At Amelia pool there are a couple of chairs that always have towels draped on them early in the morning (as if to save them) when just a few people go to do their exercise. Don't ever hang out there later...but wonder if it's an issue or a habit!

As for other issues...there is a list of rules posted on the wall of the pool-house.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage

Yes, you can bring in adult beverages but no glass containers. No rule against a can of beer or a pre-mixed drink in a plastic bottle. Of course, I go to the Saddlebrook pool at about 9 am. Truthfully, I have never seen anyone bring in an adult beverage at 9 am.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Yes, you can bring in adult beverages but no glass containers. No rule against a can of beer or a pre-mixed drink in a plastic bottle. Of course, I go to the Saddlebrook pool at about 9 am. Truthfully, I have never seen anyone bring in an adult beverage at 9 am.
9 am is a wee bit early for me. Not a Bloody Mary kinda guy. Thanks for info.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Sage

The adult beverage folk arrive at 10 AM.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.