Character at Squares

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2021, 05:56 AM
Veteran member

We have also seen this guy. At first I thought he was a couple of cans shy of a six pack but realized it was probably only one can. Seems harmless. Actually does a pretty good job conducting. We never heard these loud shouts ourselves but can see where it could be very annoying especially if you’ve waited to here a particular performer at the square and/or a particular song. If he is interrupting the entertainment I can see why someone would be annoyed. I guess we all have to put up with these distractions nowadays. It’s a free country. You just have to select another venue. Myself?? I am considering bringing a base drum and bugle to the square so I can join the entertainers.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:05 AM

We see him and he’s been at other squares too. We call him the spinner! He gives us a laugh.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Can you tell me how many murders have been in the squares? Or if you just spouting off your thoughts?
Old 06-12-2021, 06:09 AM

Maybe he has Torrettes Syndrome. Don't judge. Shame on you.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:10 AM
Veteran member
Default Just a Little tenderness please

There are a lot of things that are annoying in life, for 6 months we had people in the squares without masks that were definitely not vaccinated yet. There are people that save seats for 3 hours that you just be there. There are those darn car shows that take up all of the cars parking spots when we want to go there on Christmas time. So having one guy who shouts once in awhile and definitely is not mentally ill yet but probably just lives alone and wants to get out is fine with me
Old 06-12-2021, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Part of the charm of the squares is each has a few regular performers out there expressing their joy of it all.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
Have any of you seen the guy, usually at Spanish Springs, that carries around a baton and dances solo to the music? I don't want to sound too harsh here, but personally I'm annoyed by some of his "act". He may have some sort of issue that deserves tolerance, but part of his routine is to regularly let out screams during the music.

I can understand that the powers-that-be would be cautious to intervene regarding most of his behaviour, but the screams in my opinion cross the line. They are so loud and blood curdling that they are a distraction to the music and, especially if nearby and unanticipated, they are startling and even a bit scary.

Maybe everybody but me thinks it's cute. Again, part of me has sympathy for the gentleman. His dancing alone would likely be just another curiosity at the square. But I simply don't think the extreme part of his antics...the screaming...should be tolerated.

Okay. I've vented.

We call him The Maestro and love him. He is completely harmless and we worry if he doesn't show up! Give the guy a break, part of going to the square is to watch the crowd and he is one of many to watch, love him.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have also been at SS notice more than just a man who loves being here, and enjoying life. Glad he gets out everyday and has a good time. As others have stated he is very nice man, loves life, if you ever had a conversation you might feel different

For those who have diagnosed him with mental health issues, without ever speaking to him, you must be in the top of your field. Can you bill your diagnose as a telahealth visit, or a non in person visit. Either way it must be a great supplement to income.

Every square brings in people from all over the counties, each square has the band as entertainment and the clientele as well. If anyone feels threaten or in fear for their life, then maybe take a step back, and re-evaluate before going to a square.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:18 AM

This thread is like a car accident you can’t help but slow down and look…..
Old 06-12-2021, 06:19 AM

Is he vaccinated?
Old 06-12-2021, 06:27 AM

If he was to go away, you could start on someone else, and then the next person and so on. Just enjoy the entertainment and diversity
Old 06-12-2021, 06:31 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Old 06-12-2021, 06:34 AM
Default We call him “the maestro”

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrenner View Post
We call him "the Conductor".
No matter what else you think, it's wonderful that villagers feel free enough to express their emotions. So much joy expressed every night
Mark is a really nice person, he set up chairs when they were available for the people, he has a good time conducting the music, yes sometimes he gets carried away and gets loud, but not that often and we enjoy his antics.
I guess to each his own, every square has their own characters, Sumter has the two step couple that dances the two step, Brownwood has the breakdancer that the first time saw him i thought he was having a medical condition. I enjoy seeing all of them. We are on the fourth quarter of our lives, enjoy the scenery and the people involved. If it bothers you that much, go to the Maestro, (his name is Mark) shake his hand introduce yourself to him and ask him to please tone his enthusiasm down, he is really a nice person.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
Again, I will say just one more time and then leave this thread alone…

I have no problem with the gentleman…that’s what I called him in my op…except for the screaming. The screaming is not cute in any way.

Those of you who condescendingly advise to simply not go the square are far more annoying that he is.
The most annoying are intolerant people like you!! Stay home.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We have also been at SS notice more than just a man who loves being here, and enjoying life. Glad he gets out everyday and has a good time. As others have stated he is very nice man, loves life, if you ever had a conversation you might feel different

For those who have diagnosed him with mental health issues, without ever speaking to him, you must be in the top of your field. Can you bill your diagnose as a telahealth visit, or a non in person visit. Either way it must be a great supplement to income.

Every square brings in people from all over the counties, each square has the band as entertainment and the clientele as well. If anyone feels threaten or in fear for their life, then maybe take a step back, and re-evaluate before going to a square.
Well said.
Closed Thread

Tags
music, part, screams, nearby, distraction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.