Chula GC tree cutting

Chula GC tree cutting

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Chula GC tree cutting
  #1  
Old 05-20-2019, 08:15 AM
Yucatan2's Avatar
Yucatan2 Yucatan2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Telchac Puerto Mexico, The Village of Del Mar
Posts: 79
Default Chula GC tree cutting

They are in the process of removing a beautiful live oak on the Chula Vista golf course near the second green. WHY? I love the park like look on this course, and I hope they aren’t planning on removing more trees.
Attached Thumbnails
56929a97-a958-42b3-9405-83844f8a0535-jpg  
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 05-20-2019, 09:18 AM
stan the man stan the man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 273
Default

Check to see if they got a permit to remove tree
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:30 PM
Midnight Cowgirl Midnight Cowgirl is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
They are in the process of removing a beautiful live oak on the Chula Vista golf course near the second green. WHY? I love the park like look on this course, and I hope they aren’t planning on removing more trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Check to see if they got a permit to remove tree

Yes -- definitely check. Too many people think trees are disposable and they aren't!

Why are they taking out this particular tree?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2019, 04:19 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
They are in the process of removing a beautiful live oak on the Chula Vista golf course near the second green. WHY? I love the park like look on this course, and I hope they aren’t planning on removing more trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Yes -- definitely check. Too many people think trees are disposable and they aren't!

Why are they taking out this particular tree?
If you are so concerned why not call and get the correct information?
Executive Golf Maintenance
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162
Phone: 352-674-1885
Fax: 352-674-1805

Do you really, really believe the golf course management don’t know what the rules are about removing a tree?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2019, 04:49 PM
Midnight Cowgirl Midnight Cowgirl is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If you are so concerned why not call and get the correct information?
Executive Golf Maintenance
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162
Phone: 352-674-1885
Fax: 352-674-1805

Do you really, really believe the golf course management don’t know what the rules are about removing a tree?

Often times rules don't matter.

Don't you recall trees being removed on common ground a few years ago?

You know exactly to what I'm referring.
So much for "rules!"

Last edited by Midnight Cowgirl; 05-20-2019 at 10:23 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2019, 04:53 PM
anothersteve anothersteve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 235
Default

Where would the golf course, which is owned by the CCDD, have to get the permit from to cut the tree down?.
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:04 PM
Rapscallion St Croix's Avatar
Rapscallion St Croix Rapscallion St Croix is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Where would the golf course, which is owned by the CCDD, have to get the permit from to cut the tree down?.
Steve
Lake Miona homeowners?
__________________
Mondays....Hell of a way to spend 1//7 of your life.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 PM
Yucatan2's Avatar
Yucatan2 Yucatan2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Telchac Puerto Mexico, The Village of Del Mar
Posts: 79
Default

I’m sure there must have been a reason and the golf course probably got permission. They ground the stump into the ground, almost can’t tell a tree had been there. Still makes me sad because I love the big shade trees. My guess is that many people hit this tree so maybe it opened up the fairway better.
Reply With Quote
Permit? Yes or ???
  #9  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:22 PM
Midnight Cowgirl Midnight Cowgirl is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 225
Question Permit? Yes or ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
I’m sure there must have been a reason and the golf course probably got permission. They ground the stump into the ground, almost can’t tell a tree had been there. Still makes me sad because I love the big shade trees. My guess is that many people hit this tree so maybe it opened up the fairway better.

I did not see this tree either before or after it was taken out.

I would hope there was a good reason for removing it but it's a shame when a viable old tree is removed; that is why I and others were curious as to why it was taken out.

One would assume the county gave permission to cut the tree down but in TV, I have found that you can "assume" nothing.

If the reason for this tree removal was because so many people hit it, logic tells me that all they had to do was improve their game!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:25 PM
Midnight Cowgirl Midnight Cowgirl is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Where would the golf course, which is owned by the CCDD, have to get the permit from to cut the tree down?.
Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Lake Miona homeowners?

In addition to the county, perhaps?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
removing, chula, park, love, planning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.