Cigarette and cigar butts being left on golf courses.

Old 04-26-2024, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellbak View Post
If you have to smoke, clean up your cigarette and cigar butts, don’t leave them on the golf courses. I’m sure those people that do that are the same ones that flip them out of their cars too. It’s litter and is very unsightly.
These are just smokin village idiots!

Old 04-26-2024, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
You forgot Dog Poop.
I was waiting for that one!!

Old 04-26-2024, 06:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,306 Times in 564 Posts

i always extinguish my cigar in a pile of fresh dog poop! why waste it..

Old 04-26-2024, 06:53 AM

quit smoking

Old 04-26-2024, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,753 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
You forgot Dog Poop.
Saving it for later. 😉

Old 04-26-2024, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyarham View Post
Garbage cans at every tee. People are just lazy.
People are lazy. Maybe a trash can in every cart?

Old 04-26-2024, 08:30 AM

Privileged

Old 04-26-2024, 08:40 AM

People are funny.

My other house is in the foothills of east Tennessee, I think its one of the prettiest place on earth, that's why I settled there. I have lived in many other places in the US and this is by far the worst for litter. The locals (I'm sure some transplants too) dump trash in huge quantities, some dump it in their yard next to their house, some in roadside ditches and some in schools or businesses. For the life of me I can't figure out what the thinking is, everywhere you came from and everywhere you are going has a trash can. The garbage truck runs once a week. Every car has a cubby that can hold the trash until you get where you're going, just amazing.

There are 52 inoperable cars sitting in various yards in the last mile of the trip to my driveway from town. Some have been there long enough to rot into the ground, some stopped running in the past few months and I fear they will sit there and rot like the others are.

I understand that a banana peel or a cigar butt will biodegrade in short order but how about we let that happen in the designated spot rather than where everyone else has to look at it. It doesn't take much effort to keep things looking nice.

Old 04-26-2024, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
People are funny.

My other house is in the foothills of east Tennessee, I think its one of the prettiest place on earth, that's why I settled there. I have lived in many other places in the US and this is by far the worst for litter. The locals (I'm sure some transplants too) dump trash in huge quantities, some dump it in their yard next to their house, some in roadside ditches and some in schools or businesses. For the life of me I can't figure out what the thinking is, everywhere you came from and everywhere you are going has a trash can. The garbage truck runs once a week. Every car has a cubby that can hold the trash until you get where you're going, just amazing.

There are 52 inoperable cars sitting in various yards in the last mile of the trip to my driveway from town. Some have been there long enough to rot into the ground, some stopped running in the past few months and I fear they will sit there and rot like the others are.

I understand that a banana peel or a cigar butt will biodegrade in short order but how about we let that happen in the designated spot rather than where everyone else has to look at it. It doesn't take much effort to keep things looking nice.
Some people are funny! Some are slobs.
You are right, it doesn't take much effort to keep things looking nice. But, some folks won't make any effort.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:03 AM
Default Lady Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellbak View Post
If you have to smoke, clean up your cigarette and cigar butts, don’t leave them on the golf courses. I’m sure those people that do that are the same ones that flip them out of their cars too. It’s litter and is very unsightly.
Took me back about six decades, remembering how much more common it was back then to see folks throw fast food trash out of their car windows. Now I'm wondering if I remembered wrong about Lady Bird Johnson and her effect on that issue. Was that limited to billboards? How the Highway Beautification Act Became a Law - General Highway History - Highway History -
Federal Highway Administration

Old 04-26-2024, 10:39 AM

Most people are lazy slobs!

Old 04-26-2024, 10:44 AM

One problem with the people in cars throwing them out the window is cars don’t have ashtrays anymore!!

Old 04-26-2024, 10:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanajim View Post
One problem with the people in cars throwing them out the window is cars don’t have ashtrays anymore!!
I'm sure Amazon has a nitwit solution to that dilemma

Old 04-26-2024, 02:51 PM
Default Smokers

Don’t you wonder if the thoughtless smokers throw those nasty butts in their own lawns and streets?
They must have grown up with their mamas cleaning up their messes since they do t seem to care about the messes they leave behind. Those butts do not disintegrate or decompose.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:55 PM
Default Easy

I have been here for 4 years. I noticed the filters everywhere on the golf course. I bought an ashtray, and now pick them up and throw away at end of game. Never seen cigar butts, just cigarettes.

Tags
cigarette, golf, courses, cigar, butts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.