Cigars Smokers Unite

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
But I love to eat outside so I should give that up so someone can smoke? I am in favor of smoker's rights, but not when they tread on someone else.
is banning smoking treading on the rights of the smokers?

when anyone goes to a restaurant I am sure they EXPECT to enjoy themselves - but - there are so many things that can happen to spoil that expectation! are we to ban each of them?

Last edited by njbchbum; 03-17-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: 2nd thought
Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post

when anyone goes to a restaurant I am sure they EXPECT to enjoy themselves - but - there are so many things that can happen to spoil that expectation! are we to ban each of them?
I would like to ban people who speak too loud and act like a fool.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:

Can we please ban people who talk endlessly on cell phones about their personal life and problems?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
But I love to eat outside so I should give that up so someone can smoke? I am in favor of smoker's rights, but not when they tread on someone else.
I'm sorry, but yes. Smokers are outside. Those who are non smokers that don't want to be around them have the entire inside all to themselves.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Valid point - golfed at Hawkes Bay today and saw no less the 4 butts on the course. It's disgusting and there is no reason for that. Yes we picked them up by they should not have been there in the first place.
You cannot group them to all smokers. I would never think or ever throwing a cigarette butt on the golf course or anywhere else that was not trash or an ashtray.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Yes, just the same as when they stopped smoking inside we went outside so non smokers could have the entire inside. Just sayin'.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I would like to ban people who speak too loud and act like a fool.
I want to ban everyone that has so much cologne on that I start choking from the fumes !
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I want to ban everyone that has so much cologne on that I start choking from the fumes !
Speaking of cologne, do you think there is a reason they do not make an "Old Stogie" fragrance?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Speaking of cologne, do you think there is a reason they do not make an "Old Stogie" fragrance?
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Take note how SOME obviously against cigar smoking ONLY know how to express themselves by being nasty and derogatory.
They are obviously of the my way or the highway society.

It is obviously the cover of anonymity that provides their discourteous bravado toward those who do not walk the same walka as theirs.

btk
Old 03-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Take note how SOME obviously against cigar smoking ONLY know how to express themselves by being nasty and derogatory.
They are obviously of the my way or the highway society.

It is obviously the cover of anonymity that provides their discourteous bravado toward those who do not walk the same walka as theirs.

btk
thank you, btk! I totally agree! and I add self-righteousness to the discourteous bravado.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
thank you, btk! I totally agree! and I add self-righteousness to the discourteous bravado.
I hear you and you are right for the most part I think due to the effect Cigar smoke has on Many people. Let me attempt to set the record straight:

I will only speak for myself:

Cigar smoke is more offensive to me than walking up the 3rd fairway of Becall on a balmy day.

I smoked cigarettes for many years but quit 25 years ago yet cigar smoke was very putrid to me even while drinking and smoking cigarettes.

Attempting to eat something down wind from a cigar smoker was and is absolutely impossible for me.

Since we all have different perception of what smells and tastes good/bad and in the case of cigar smoke, horrible to some, I would ask for those of us in the latter category to PLEASE sir/mam, enjoy your cigar in privacy and free the rest of us of what is for us a very negative experience. Please try to understand, Cigar smoke for many of us is far more than just an unpleasant smell, it is nauseating and truly unbearable. Why, I sincerely do not know, but as God is my witness, I speak the truth on this issue.

Please forgive our comments made that are insensitive and have been discourteous.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Just think for a moment about what you just said. Non-smokers have rights but should they tread on smokers' rights? It is a conundrum that requires compromise. One part of the compromise is in place already. Smokers who might prefer to eat inside and have a smoke can no longer do so. Now, how about the other side of that compromise?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:19 AM

For the life of me I can't understand how a licensed premise (licensed by health department or equivalent) can be allowed to permit smoking in any of their licensed areas!
The Surgeon General (Health Dept.) has determined that second hand smoke is a health hazard so..... Duh!!! This is a hazard to other patrons, employees and, yes, the smoker as well.
Please allow me to enjoy a meal outside at City Fire Brownwood (or any other establishment) without having to share in your habit.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Just think for a moment about what you just said. Non-smokers have rights but should they tread on smokers' rights? It is a conundrum that requires compromise. One part of the compromise is in place already. Smokers who might prefer to eat inside and have a smoke can no longer do so. Now, how about the other side of that compromise?
That was exactly the point I was trying to make but apparently failed. Why should a smoker's right to smoke outside override my right to enjoy a meal outside. There needs to be some compromise and you can smoke a cigarette outside without offending people if you are only aware of what you are doing. Be conscious of which way the wind is blowing and for goodness sake don't put it in the ashtray to burn unattended. I was a 3 pack a day for many, many years and was always conscious of the people around. It's just a simple courtesy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.