Is Citizens Coming To The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Default Is Citizens Coming To The Villages

Disclaimer
I have "no" specific
information what so ever and I'm only providing an opinion-

Due primarily to the very close call of Hurricane Dorian considerably causing major financial losses, I personally believe that at the conclusion of our current Hurricane season, all the major insurance carriers will leave The Villages and the only homeowners insurance company left still binding homeowners policies here at The Villages will be the insurance company of last resort - Citizens...

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Citizens Insurance, be prepared for your policy premium to double, your deductibles will substantially increase and the service will decline.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,154 Times in 2,250 Posts

I disagree, IRMA went right through the state, to my knowledge no companies left the state, and increases were relatively small.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I disagree, IRMA went right through the state, to my knowledge no companies left the state, and increases were relatively small.

I sincerely hope your correct but if Hurricane Dorian would of had come onto shore in the center of the state as previously predicted and made a direct strike as a major Hurricane into the central Florida area, the financial exposure to the Insurance carriers could of had been in excess of 15 - 20 billion dollars. if not more...
Old 09-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post

I agree. History is on our side.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Sage

Totally unnecessary, unwarranted, baseless, negative speculation.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You act like this is the first hurricane in Florida and it didn't even hit the state. If carriers wanted to stop writing policies, they would of done that last year after Panama City was destroyed, or 2004 when Pensacola destroyed, or when Andrew really destroyed south Miami, should we go on. Oh, BTW, the sky is falling.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You act like this is the first hurricane in Florida and it didn't even hit the state. If carriers wanted to stop writing policies, they would of done that last year after Panama City was destroyed, or 2004 when Pensacola destroyed, or when Andrew really destroyed south Miami, should we go on. Oh, BTW, the sky is falling.
Hey, I hope you are correct. But when the actuaries provide the potential financial exposures that the Insurance Carriers where potentially exposed to if Hurricane Dorian just deviated ever so slightly to the west, I think your choices for homeowners insurance will be minimal in the future.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

With all that is going on in life why on earth would you be worried about insurance. Do you really believe that one of the safest areas in Florida is going to be left without insurance carriers? Worry about real stuff like health, sink holes, and people that don't pick up their dog poop.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

FYI, only after a few years after Hurricane Andrew, the South Florida homeowners Insurance market has virtually no major insurance company binding homeowners insurance anymore.

What happened to South Florida 20 years ago can just as easily happen to the Central Florida homeowners insurance market.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Disclaimer
I have "no" specific

Due primarily to the very close call of Hurricane Dorian considerably causing major financial losses, I personally believe that at the conclusion of our current Hurricane season, all the major insurance carriers will leave The Villages and the only homeowners insurance company left still binding homeowners policies here at The Villages will be the insurance company of last resort - Citizens...

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Citizens Insurance, be prepared for your policy premium to double, your deductibles will substantially increase and the service will decline.
Our oldest has a home barrier island in North Carolina, every Hurricane has directly caused mandatory evacuation, and major damage to homes in the island for the last 10 years. His home owners has increased $187.50 since he purchased his home.

Waiting for validation of your intel, for Florida. I am guessing you are either a claims director, or high in the racking of insurance board, to have such valid information. Cause most of us that live here rarely worry about rumors
Old 09-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
FYI, only after a few years after Hurricane Andrew, the South Florida homeowners Insurance market has virtually no major insurance company binding homeowners insurance anymore.

What happened to South Florida 20 years ago can just as easily happen to the Central Florida homeowners insurance market.
But they came back as they tried to cherry pick only selling auto insurance, etc. but Uncle Sam changed their minds. State Farm was one of them.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:47 PM

What exactly is your agenda? First you post about whether we should trust the quality of the houses being built and now you try to scare people away with some baseless story about insurance companies leaving the area or the state. I don’t get it.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Sage

If you were to have some specific qualifications and/or knowledge to backup your claim then that would be fine as long as you state them. I, for one, am not interested in idle speculation.

Quote:
Disclaimer
I have "no" specific

Old 09-03-2019, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
totally unnecessary, unwarranted, baseless, negative speculation.
exactly!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, villages, citizens, major, hurricane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.