Is Citrus Grove in Sumter County or Lake County?

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2021, 07:27 AM

Look on your Village ID card. Just above the barcode is a house lot identifier. If this starts with a S you’re in Sumter County. L = Lake, M = Marion.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Does it really matter? You have to utilize it and py for it regardless of where it comes from. If you really have to have an answer, call them.
Thank you for that insightful and helpful post.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorriJ View Post
County lines and city lines do not determine electric and gas service. Franchise territories do. The territories are determined by the Florida Public Commission. So in your case, where there was an expansion into an area that previously did not have service, Leesburg, Duke and TECO all had the opportunity to expand their franchise agreements into that area. Citrus Grive was awarded to Leesburg Electric and Gas. Hope that helps.
Great post. That really does help me understand it. Thank you.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
I ask because paperwork shows it is in Sumter County but The Villages states the utilities come from Leesburg, which is in Lake County.

Confusing.
You can call each one the will let you know if you are in their service area
Old 07-23-2021, 07:46 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan
Default Rates

Question. I asume rates are regulated by the state and it wouldn’t matter who the provider is, does anyone know that to be the case?
Old 07-23-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I get confused when others get confused about something they can do nothing about. Now if you were being double billed I could understand. No idea why you just didn't call the Sumter county offices and ask. Seems like some folks trust absolute strangers over their county gov't.
And they should ! Why should anyone trust the local government? This place isn’t ran like a democracy no say so or voting on anything. It’s been predetermined for decades just write a check and tell everyone you love living here and if someone criticizes just attack them as it is done on next door and everyone else
Old 07-23-2021, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I get confused when others get confused about something they can do nothing about. Now if you were being double billed I could understand. No idea why you just didn't call the Sumter county offices and ask. Seems like some folks trust absolute strangers over their county gov't.
Another snarky reply which adds nothing.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
I ask because paperwork shows it is in Sumter County but The Villages states the utilities come from Leesburg, which is in Lake County.

Confusing.
Where do you pay real estate taxes??
Old 07-23-2021, 12:48 PM
Platinum member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisport View Post
I just started service and the utilities are in Leesburg. Citrus grove is in Sumter county near the border of Lake County. I hope we are not paying higher taxes for Lake.
Sumter County taxes are lower than Lake County and Marion County.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:49 PM
Bella6368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We're in St. Catherine and we get our gas from the City of Leesburg and electricity from Duke Energy. That being said, people on the other side of St. Catherine (closer to Citrus Grove) get both their power and gas from the City of Leesburg. I would guess that your paperwork is correct.
My husband and I are from St. Catherine's, and both our gas and electric come from City of Leesburg.
Closed Thread

Tags
county, sumter, lake, confusing, leesburg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.