City Furniture

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Default City Furniture

We all need to take heed when someone has bad reviews about a business in the villages. I heard bad things about City Furniture from a neighbor and didn't think about it much because I didn't need to buy anything at the time. Well we were looking for a tv stand and happened into City Furniture at Spanish Springs. We picked out a stand and Kelly was fast to take our money and sign papers stating we had three days to cancel and they would call with delivery times. That was March 22, 2015. My delivery information states: April 2nd, 2015...."we contact all customers to confirm their delivery time. We will call you around 7:45 am on the morning of your delivery to confirm and provide you with an estimated 3 hour delivery window. Our service technicians will then contact you 15-30 minutes prior to arrival". As you can see it is now 9:39 am and I have not received a call yet. I have been trying to call customer service 954-718-3344 since 9:00 am and the recording will not transfer me to anyone. I left it on till just before I sat down to write this and she is still repeating herself. I believe there is so much business here in the villages that some feel they do not need repeat business. I will not buy from City Furniture again and I will tell anyone who will listen my story. If you can not provide the service don't put it in writing on the sales receipt. If they would have told me to stay home all day and wait till they knocked on my door I could have made a decision as to wheather I wanted to do that. As it is,here I sit not knowing when they will even call. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

In my opinion, there is almost nothing worse than waiting -- regardless of the reason. I hope they make this right soon.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

I must weigh in here in support of City Furniture. I ordered a complete bedroom set and later a sleeper sofa. No, everything was not perfect, but really none of them are. They called with a window of time, but sometimes the truck showed up earlier than scheduled. One delivery in fact, they called at 7:30 at night and asked if they could come now instead of the next day, I said yes and my next day was free to do what I wanted to do. Another time they said 7:30 to 9:30 pm for delivery and showed up about 5:30. Lucky for me, I was home. Don't know what would have happened if I didn't get home until 7:30 but I was so no problem. I can't say enough about how nice, friendly and helpful the delivery guys were, they were great. I tried to order a queen sleeper sofa from roomstogo and they wouldn't even take it off the truck, just said, NO, it won't fit and left. I then went to City and even though the guys weren't sure if it would fit, they at least tried, even took the door off first. guess what, it fit fine with a little maneuvering. My point is you can have good and bad experiences with any of them.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Sorry to hear of the apparent problem you are having, OP. Please tell us the outcome since the reputation of a company here is involved.

We've had three excellent transactions, including deliveries on the date announced.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Any updates?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Unhappy

City Furniture is out of Southeast Florida - known for pressure tactics when selling and poor customer service after the sale.
Used them down there twice, not again anywhere.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:05 PM

It's 1:05pm and still not a word!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:07 PM

It's 1:05 and still not a word.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Default update to city furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnschuler View Post
We all need to take heed when someone has bad reviews about a business in the villages. I heard bad things about City Furniture from a neighbor and didn't think about it much because I didn't need to buy anything at the time. Well we were looking for a tv stand and happened into City Furniture at Spanish Springs. We picked out a stand and Kelly was fast to take our money and sign papers stating we had three days to cancel and they would call with delivery times. That was March 22, 2015. My delivery information states: April 2nd, 2015...."we contact all customers to confirm their delivery time. We will call you around 7:45 am on the morning of your delivery to confirm and provide you with an estimated 3 hour delivery window. Our service technicians will then contact you 15-30 minutes prior to arrival". As you can see it is now 9:39 am and I have not received a call yet. I have been trying to call customer service 954-718-3344 since 9:00 am and the recording will not transfer me to anyone. I left it on till just before I sat down to write this and she is still repeating herself. I believe there is so much business here in the villages that some feel they do not need repeat business. I will not buy from City Furniture again and I will tell anyone who will listen my story. If you can not provide the service don't put it in writing on the sales receipt. If they would have told me to stay home all day and wait till they knocked on my door I could have made a decision as to wheather I wanted to do that. As it is,here I sit not knowing when they will even call. Thanks for listening.
ok here is an update. at 1:00 Carlos answered the store phone 352-750-8044 he told me he would check the computer. He called me right back and said it was scheduled between 12:30 and 2:30pm. I told him I already posted a letter to "talk of the Villages." he told me that was not nice. I ask him to check the customer service number 954-718-3344 because I had been trying to call them since 9:23 am this morning, he said he would. I hung up and tried the customer service number again. Low and behold it answered and I pushed #1 and waited on hold from 1:01pm to 1:22pm a man answered and told me he would call the truck. Came back and said I was scheduled for 3:30 to 5:30pm. I COULD HAVE WENT TO WORK!!!!!! I took the whole day off thinking they would do what they said they would do and simply CALL ME AT 7:45 am and give me a 3 hour window!!!!!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:13 PM

Ok update. it's 2:11pm the driver just called 954-226-9091. Said he'd be here in a hour. Right that number down if you want to call the driver direct. I will not shop there again, so I won't be needing it.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Default City Furniture update

It's 3:20pm and there are 2 trucks outside. Two....for a tv stand. Now.... they have to put it together! OMG. Why doesn't someone put it together in the warehouse the night before, load the truck according to addresses, then send those 2 trucks with 2 men on each one and head out in different directions. They would get twice as much done. I feel bad for the drivers because they are only doing what they are told by the guys or gals sitting in the cool offices not listening to the customers complain.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Eternal Member

I have seen their trucks many times throughout the Villages. I have never seen just one truck. There is always 2 trucks together. Never one by itself. I assume everyone isn't getting 2 truck loads of furniture.
Can't even imagine that's cost effective.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnschuler View Post
I agree with your statement that there is so much business in the Villages that some don't need to make an effort. We had a lack luster salesperson at a recommended flooring store. There was only one tile that she could/would show us...no need to discuss further. I told my husband forget it. It's rare to find service people that treat each sale like it truly does matter.

We browsed around City Furniture...will think twice now. Sorry for your aggravation. Ugh!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In the early 90's I was a dispatcher for a messenger company in Baltimore. One of our customers was IKEA at White Marsh Mall. We made all their deliveries. It was a very simple operation. Everyday at 5pm IKEA would fax over the next day deliveries. As a dispatcher we would map out the driver's route, it could be a couple of hundred miles since southern Pennsylvania, central Maryland and northern Virginia were involved. After making out his route, we would allot 4 hour windows for each delivery and then call the customer at their home number about 7pm with the next day delivery time.

Each customer knew the night before when they could expect their delivery and the driver would know how long a day he had and if he needed more helpers. We required the driver to call us from each stop and if they were late or early we would call the customers that hadn't been delivered. We did this without 2-way radios or cellphones. It worked well for many years. IKEA contracted the delivery business with my messenger company and my company used drivers and helpers who were independent contractors and we rented our trucks from U-Haul. So actually, us dispatchers were the only company salaried employers, everyone else was contracted, but it worked.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Sage

Those were the days my friend!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.