Clark Barrios

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Clark Barrios

Anyone have any thoughts on Clark Barrios performing at the town squares so often?He appears more than anybody and is in several bands.There is Clark Barrios and Pulse,The Clark Barrios Duo,he is in the Paul Vesco Band,A Slice of Lime and for all I know may be in more.With all the good entertainment down here,I wonder why so much Clark Barrios?I'm not saying he isn't talented,but we're being overdosed.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Gold member

Think he's great, go to all of his shows.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Sage

I think Clark Barrios is terrific and am particularly fond of Impulse. Play on!!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If I am not mistaken Vesco Entertainment is part of the Villages...and they employ their people. Whats wrong with that!!

Clark Barrios is very talented and I enjoy his performances especially compared to one or two piece DJs w/ singer.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
I think Clark Barrios is terrific and am particularly fond of Impulse. Play on!!

He does a great job and works hard at it!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Default Clark Barrios

We think he is one of the best that entertain in TV. We like that he does more recent cover songs.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljones190 View Post
We think he is one of the best that entertain in TV. We like that he does more recent cover songs.
Ditto!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Veteran member
Default Clark Barrios

Hey Caroline784-If you want to see Clark Barrios seven days a week ,that's fine.It's your opinion and I have no problem with that.But am I not entitled to my opinion that I feel he's overexposed?You say "what's wrong with that?"Well I'll say again,I feel he's talented but I'd rather see a more varied lineup.Is that okay with you? Can I have my opinion too?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

gatherer47

I think you should sit down and take a deep breath. No one is saying you cant express your opinion....everybody has one...so speak up. I was simply agreeing with most of the other posters that Clark Barrios is very good, and offers a good selection of music. I also was making the point that he is employed by Paul Vesco who is connected with Village Entertainment and they are keeping their own employed first...nothing wrong with that. I dont necesarily want to see him or his group(s) 7 days a week but I also dont mind it when he is there!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Gold member

Wow! Somebody is cranky! I enjoy going to the Squares from time to time to relax, enjoy music and meet people. Some groups are better then others...but I have enjoyed the entertainment so far. I just love this place!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Default Clark Barrios

He can sing and he aint bad to look at either!!!! He's a cutie patootie!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

IMPLUSE was at LSL last night and the range of music was from Nat King Cole to Lady GAGA, to the Cuban Shufffle. Something for all types and ages... and there was a nice crowd enjoying it all and staying right up until 9pm.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
anyone have any thoughts on clark barrios performing at the town squares so often?he appears more than anybody and is in several bands.there is clark barrios and pulse,the clark barrios duo,he is in the paul vesco band,a slice of lime and for all i know may be in more.with all the good entertainment down here,i wonder why so much clark barrios?i'm not saying he isn't talented,but we're being overdosed.
yes, i did notice that. I wonder what the story is there. No doubt he knows somebody.it's probably pretty tough to find people with any talent at all. After all they sometimes get so desparate that they have to use those disc jockeys. But you are right when you have to use the same character over and over so many times something is wrong. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but once a week is plenty for him. He might be ok but not that ok to justify that.perhaps he is related to the developer or the entertainment director. Who knows. I was surprised to see so many clark barrios groupies out there. Its bad enough to be a groupie at any age but you'd think they could pick a bigger name musician to group around. Of course the other possibility is those people who were so upset that anyone would question your concern are actually a couple of his friends or relatives. well i would rather see more 50s & 60s performers than these milk toasty groups you mentioned.

Last edited by IAMDMRAE; 08-02-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

I like Barrios, better 'n the DJ's or none at all.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdmrae View Post
yes, i did notice that. I wonder what the story is there. No doubt he knows somebody.it's probably pretty tough to find people with any talent at all. After all they sometimes get so desparate that they have to use those disc jockeys. But you are right when you have to use the same character over and over so many times something is wrong. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but once a week is plenty for him. He might be ok but not that ok to justify that.perhaps he is related to the developer or the entertainment director. Who knows. I was surprised to see so many clark barrios groupies out there. Its bad enough to be a groupie at any age but you'd think they could pick a bigger name musician to group around. Of course the other possibility is those people who were so upset that anyone would question your concern are actually a couple of his friends or relatives. Well i would rather see more 50s & 60s performers than these milk toasty groups you mentioned.
wow i just read some of the other quotes on this thread. I did not realize that so many people in the villages have such horrible taste in music.no wonder somebody hired that incompetent programming director at the radio station. It used to be that the villages radio station stood for something. I thought when i came here it's programming was the music of the 50s & early 60s because it was about a carefree period just like life in the villages is supposed to be about. Now the station plays a mish mash of crap so that it sounds like just about any old radio station in the country. This new programming director mr george rudolph i think has destroyed it. It stands for nothing now.wise up and go back to the old 50s &60s format. We can get what we are hearing now just about any where on the dial.he needs to change his ways or be replaced. i find myself switching to an fm station when they play some of those awful 70s 80s crap. everyone knows that there probably were less than 20 good songs in the 70s. i really don't think there where any after that. what i shame that generations of kids grow up with no decent music like we had in 50s and 60s. no wonder they are turning out so lousy.

Last edited by IAMDMRAE; 08-02-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: had additional thoughts to ad
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.