Clean Black Stains from White Lanai Railing

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Default Clean Black Stains from White Lanai Railing

Does anyone have any ideas or success on cleaning the black stains from while Railing on a Lanai. I think the stains are from rain laying on the railings. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Sage

Try Clorox Cleanup on a rag
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Gold member

You might check out a product called Spray and Forget (I believe that is the name)....sold at Home Depot. You can clean stucco walls, driveways, roofs, patios, lawn furniture, etc. Is not supposed to hurt paint. You just spray it on and leave it. No scrubbing. The stains disappear over time and the rain washes away the residue. And it helps prevent future staining.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbevins View Post
Does anyone have any ideas or success on cleaning the black stains from while Railing on a Lanai. I think the stains are from rain laying on the railings. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
We were cautioned by T&D to never use Clorox on aluminum. So depending on your railing you may wish to think twice about Clorox.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Try a magic eraser
Old 10-08-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I believe Oxi clean will do it.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:19 PM

Sounds like its mold. Maybe try and find something to get rid of mold. Check with a power wash company, I bet they would know what to use.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:56 AM

Thanks for your ideas. I've tried some of these suggestions and will try some more of them. Thanks again.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
You might check out a product called Spray and Forget (I believe that is the name)....sold at Home Depot. You can clean stucco walls, driveways, roofs, patios, lawn furniture, etc. Is not supposed to hurt paint. You just spray it on and leave it. No scrubbing. The stains disappear over time and the rain washes away the residue. And it helps prevent future staining.

It's called "Wet and Forget"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.