RLS.. restless leg syndrome

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2021, 06:51 AM
Veteran member
Default RLS.. restless leg syndrome

just wanted to share some info. I hope it helps ... my wife has suffered with RLS off and on for over 40 yrs. she has tried every RX and crazy idea imaginable and nothing seemed to work for her.. I recently read about compression socks helping stop RLS so I purchased a pair .. they come in different grades of compression and some are quite expensive the pair I bought were less than $12, below is the link at walmart ... so far they are working GREAT she has had them for about a month and needed to wear them probably 20 nights, as soon as she feels her legs start to tingle in the early evening she puts them on and within about 10 to 15 minutes it stops...

Hazel Tech
Clearance Calf Compression Sleeve Sock with Zipper 20-30 mmHg Graduated Compression Stockings for Men Women-Sports Leg Support Socks in Sports & Outdoors
Old 11-21-2021, 07:47 AM

Before you order a rubber room for me listen to this possible solution that has worked for everyone in our family, put ivory soap (we used coast) between mattress and top sheet near legs, it works.
Old 11-21-2021, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,720 Times in 981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartle1 View Post
Before you order a rubber room for me listen to this possible solution that has worked for everyone in our family, put ivory soap (we used coast) between mattress and top sheet near legs, it works.
I've heard of that treatment before, so I won't send you to the rubber room. It didn't work for me, though.
What has worked for me, reasonably well:
A soft latex (natural latex, not synthetic) mattress,
An hour a day of various physical therapy inspired exercises working on hamstring flexibility, quadricep flexibility, and core strength ...I suspect that my "RLS" may be related to spinal disk injuries that give me sciatica. The more my sciatica acts up, the worse my "RLS" seems to be,

And, when all else fails, there is the pharmacological approach: Gapabentin and ibuprofen work wonders. I have not tried medical marijuana, but I'd be it would help.

Since I got the soft latex mattress, I've hardly needed any Gabapentin or ibuprofen.

Whatever works. RLS can drive you crazy.
Old 11-21-2021, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Already tried it
Old 11-21-2021, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:

My mother had RLS...I have it on and off....I read that it was lavender scented soap. I tried that and it seemed to work (stubbed my toe a couple of times on the bar of soap though)
Closed Thread

Tags
compression, rls, pair, socks, leg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.