Clear face shields ineffective for COVID

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettys1 View Post
That is true.... People are getting bad headaches.My niece works in a restaurant an has to have one on for 10 hrs. She has to run an hind so she can pull her mask off to get air.An having really bad headaches her Dr said she needs to get fresh air at least every 30 minutes or so. So which medical advice to you believe? What media say or what your Dr says?
Maybe try the light weight disposable masks if not already.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,228 Times in 931 Posts

The last two times I went to my doctor my oxygen level was low when they were taking my vitals. The nurse told me to lift up my mask and take a couple deep breaths and instead of having a 91% level it went up to 98% where it usually is when I test it myself at home without a mask. I have excellent lungs and no respiratory problems. The nurse said that it was pretty common with patients when they take vitals.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,188 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
The last two times I went to my doctor my oxygen level was low when they were taking my vitals. The nurse told me to lift up my mask and take a couple deep breaths and instead of having a 91% level it went up to 98% where it usually is when I test it myself at home without a mask. I have excellent lungs and no respiratory problems. The nurse said that it was pretty common with patients when they take vitals.
My pulse ox was 98% with my cloth mask on. I have no answer for you beyond what I have experienced.

Tags
events, shields, clear, people, wearing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.