Closing costs on new home

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2011, 05:22 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Times have changed... When I bought new back in 2006, the buyer paid most of these closing costs. Somewhere along the line, the Developer changed his approach and now covers these costs. So, biker dog is correct for when he purchased but terms and conditions do change.
Thanks. As I said we bought our CYV in Sabal Chase in 2006 cash and the quoted estimate of cost almost changed our minds about going through with the purchase. When we bought our deisgner pre-owned the cost were minimal.
Then when we sold the CYV, we as the seller had to pay the high closing costa again.

So I do know what I am talking about, if you had read the dates of the original post and did a little bit of research you would understand.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
We bought before you and yes at that time we paid the closing costs.
I saw how people were treating dog so I decided to stay out of it rather than be called a liar.
Wish people would realize everyone's experience is individual and this is a big place with different areas having different problems.
We have been here a long time and everyday I learn things that only the people involved know about.
Larry.

I read all of these posts and didn't see any that were disrespectful to Bikerdog, well maybe one, questioning his memory.

To correct misinformation respectfully is doing a service to our future friends and neighbors.

Kind regards,
Gracie
Old 10-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
We bought before you and yes at that time we paid the closing costs.
I saw how people were treating dog so I decided to stay out of it rather than be called a liar.
Wish people would realize everyone's experience is individual and this is a big place with different areas having different problems.
We have been here a long time and everyday I learn things that only the people involved know about.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Default ???

Gracie,
Since you addresses me I will respond. My orginal post was not directed at you or any one person.

I see you EDITED your post and dropped the part where you said Dog was wrong.
He put the years he bought and he was right. Before you changed your post you had directly told him he was wrong.

I still haven't opened the two private messages you sent me. I want NO flames with you or anyone. I'm too busy and having too much fun!

End of this disscussion.

Again, have a great day and I mean it. Life here is wonderful. We are all so lucky to be here.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Gracie,
Since you addresses me I will respond. My orginal post was not directed at you or any one person.

I see you EDITED your post and dropped the part where you said Dog was wrong.
He put the years he bought and he was right. Before you changed your post you had directly told him he was wrong.

I still haven't opened the two private messages you sent me. I want NO flames with you or anyone. I'm too busy and having too much fun!

End of this disscussion.

Again, have a great day and I mean it. Life here is wonderful. We are all so lucky to be here.
I did not edit my post Larry. It said and still says that I respectfully disagree.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnCinME View Post
Here is an example of costs listed on the Settlement Statement: state tax/stamp-$1200, permit/impact fee-$3700, utility/water conservation $3000Does the seller (TV) pay these fees? Please tell me yes.
I think it has been answered correctly but these fees were paid by the developer at my closing last December 2010. Of course I had pro-rated bond, insurance, taxes etc. that you have at any closing (new or re-sale). Hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnCinME View Post
Thank you for all the responses. I emailed the office last evening and they left a voice mail today. The seller (TV) pays for everything except our pro-rated bond/tax, trash, etc. Phew! That's a relief. One more thing to cross off my list.

Now I'm off to research the archived posts for cable/internet/phone recommendations....
BnCinME, I'm glad you got your closing cost concerns relieved, and I hope your closing and move go smoothly!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I did not edit my post Larry. It said and still says that I respectfully disagree.
For the record, the post Larry is referring to says (at the bottom):

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-30-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Anyways, glad to hear that the original question has been answered, and we can now go on to other things!...
Old 10-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
For the record, the post Larry is referring to says (at the bottom):

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-30-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Anyways, glad to hear that the original question has been answered, and we can now go on to other things!...
Taj. I missed the reason for this post. It said and still says that I respectfully disagree with Bikerdog. I didn't change it. It said that originally. Do you think that I was more critical of Bikerdog originally?? Do you think I was trying to hurt him or embarass him????

What is it that you wish to establish Taj?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Sage

For the record "edited" can mean any change. This doesn't mean Gracie changed her comment in question. Her word should be good around these parts!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Veteran member

You are correct. She could have edited the post for any variety of reasons. The thing is, Larry said she edited the post and Gracie gave him a hard time about it. Gracie mistakenly said she did not edit the post. The post obviously shows it has been edited.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
BnCinME, I'm glad you got your closing cost concerns relieved, and I hope your closing and move go smoothly!
Hi BnCinME,
Ditto what Schaumburger said!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM

Oh , no ! The problem is that there isn't a clear answer, or not one a realtor wishes to give. I understand they may not want to be committed to a number that isn't exact, but a good ball park estimate would be appreciated. My daughter kept trying to get the realtor to give a good estimate but she was told that she wouldn't get an estimate sheet until the mortgage process. When she requested the buyer pay closing costs she was told that the realtor hasn't seen that in 21 years of being a realtor in The Villages. She thought worse case perhaps $4,000. Now this has us nervous, contract of sale just faxed - nothing mentioned in paragraph 5. I guess there are various contracts floating around the Villages.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

I agree with graciegirl and piashank. I don't know where the other information(s) came from.
If you are unsure, just double-check with your seller representative.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Biker Dog is correct. We purchased a Villa in May 2006 (village of Caroline) and we (the buyer) paid the closing costs mentioned by Biker Dog. Now-----in 2008 we purchased a Designer home in Hadley and the Developer paid those closing costs. The Developer up the prices to cover those closing costs. This was done because of complaints from purchasers.

In short, the costs are there and in a "real sense" you pay for them either in the price of your home or at closing. There are no free costs!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.