The Cold in New York

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2017, 11:38 PM
Default The Cold in New York

Right now in NY it is very cold. Does anyone that lives in the Villages and came from New York or anywhere up north that gets very cold, miss the coldness.

Thinking of moving to the Villages and all set to go and even left my job, but there is this thought that maybe I will miss the NY winters. Maybe not the snow too much.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Right now in NY it is very cold. Does anyone that lives in the Villages and came from New York or anywhere up north that gets very cold, miss the coldness.

Thinking of moving to the Villages and all set to go and even left my job, but there is this thought that maybe I will miss the NY winters. Maybe not the snow too much.

Born in Maine, grew up in Boston. Don’t miss the cold at all, and the snow even less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-01-2018, 12:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

One of the greatest gifts of Florida other than having a pool or being able to work on improving our health is the lack of the bitter cold you now are experiencing. I have seen people post that they miss the four seasons. If I want the Four Seasons I just put in a CD. We have two seasons here, Super Summer and the payoff which is now. It is colder now than last year. We were in the pool and very comfortable last New Years Eve at 11 PM. Not so much this year. Oh well, I still had shorts and a t-shirt on.

If you really, really miss the cold you can go back for a visit. I don't think you will. Happy New Year, keep packing. LOL.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I think you are over evaluating or you are not ready to make a major change. I would wait until I was ready.

But some folks have difficulties with all decisions. Only you can answer that. I hope you make the best decision for yourself and have a joyous New Year.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:48 AM
Platinum member

I do not miss the cold or snow at all.
I do miss the seasons, especially Fall.

After having lived in FLA for 20 years I now wear a
jacket at temps I used to be in shorts. 😳
Old 01-01-2018, 07:17 AM

I have lived in upstate NY, south NJ, and Colorado.
No I do not miss driving in or shoveling snow, or the cold! The only thing I miss is lilacs, and I'll just have to live with that.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:24 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Just got back yesterday. Don't miss it at all. Give me Florida any time.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I do not miss the cold or snow at all.
I do miss the seasons, especially Fall.

After having lived in FLA for 20 years I now wear a
jacket at temps I used to be in shorts. 😳
I was out and about yesterday and saw a girl running around in shorts and a slight coat here in the Villages and I had a jacket I would use in the -25 wind chill days in Minneapolis. Of course, I did not have the four layers I would have had on up there. And the face mask.

I have been in FL since 1996 and get cold rather easily.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:46 AM
fw102807

Not...at...alll
Old 01-01-2018, 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1497835]I think you are over evaluating or you are not ready to make a major change. I would wait until I was ready.

But some folks have difficulties with all decisions. Only you can answer that. I hope you make the best decision for yourself and have a joyous New Year.[/QUOTE

Happy New Year to you also. Yes you are right. We are waiting for my son to get married in April in NY. I am wondering if we will ever get down there. Last year I was ready. Actually have two buyers that are interested in buying my house. I think it is the waiting around that is making me hesitant.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=TOMCAT;1497865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think you are over evaluating or you are not ready to make a major change. I would wait until I was ready.

But some folks have difficulties with all decisions. Only you can answer that. I hope you make the best decision for yourself and have a joyous New Year.[/QUOTE

Happy New Year to you also. Yes you are right. We are waiting for my son to get married in April in NY. I am wondering if we will ever get down there. Last year I was ready. Actually have two buyers that are interested in buying my house. I think it is the waiting around that is making me hesitant.
Sell asap and get here. April is the best time to look for a house here. Lots of availability for sale or short term rentals so you can look slowly.

To the original question, the answer is enormously complex....

No
Old 01-01-2018, 08:38 AM

We were in Upstate NY for Christmas The cold air felt good to me for a short time. Glad to be home in TV
Old 01-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

I am up north for the holidays. I think maybe I'll stay for awhile after looking at the temperatures in The Villages I can't believe it's that cold in Paradise
Old 01-01-2018, 09:29 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I am up north for the holidays. I think maybe I'll stay for awhile after looking at the temperatures in The Villages I can't believe it's that cold in Paradise
At least we are not using minus numbers. This is just sweater weather.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
If you miss the cold and the snow you can always go ski-ing for a week. You'll probably find that will be enough, and you'll be looking forward to heading back to The Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
cold, villages, miss, york, job

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.