Colony Blvd Cart and Car Traffic

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
KittyKat

You could turn right (West) onto Colony Blvd then turn left at the first driveway.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Platinum member

that's actually a good idea

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Default Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Situation will improve greatly after April first.

Our kind of a communtiy is a new phenomena in the traffic and transportation world.

I am again happy to hear that the developers are aware and working on a solution.

I know. I am their biggest fan. I think the developers are the cat's pajamas.

Disclaimer. I am not a Morse, don't know a Morse, would like to meet a Morse.

And mean person who sent me that hateful message, please don't do that anymore.
Hi Gracie: jerseygirl here. love reading your posts. I'm in san diego for a time, returning to TV probably june/july. Anyway, I do think you are a great supporter of the Morses. That is always clear in your posts. funny.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjk1912totv View Post
Today 01:40 PM - permalink
wjk1912totv
Is the developer or district making any chnages to the cart traffic flow entering or crossing Colony Blvd at the cart/car merger point? This is a disaster waiting to happen. Many times a dozen or more carts are backed up waiting to transverse this traffic area. The only current solution to the problem is for a courteous car diver to stop and let several carts through. Wondering if there ever was any consideration to continue the existing cart path paralleling the road then traveling around the back of the Citizens Bank building into the Colony Plaza Shopping Center away from all the traffic? An alternate suggestion would to add blinker lights or car speed bumps to create an alternate flow of carts and cars. Any other thoughts? Don't think the planners ever realized the current volume of cart/car traffic.
They seem to think they need to do a study first. Just stand there for an hour and the issue becomes obvious.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Tell me why

I sat today and watched the traffic.Tell me WHY someone would come off 466A or South of 466A unto Moorse Blvd and then turn into Colony Blvd and take it down to the shopping center, I also watched cars leave the shopping center on Colony Blvd and then go south on Moorse Blvd. All this does is add extra traffic on Colony Blvd.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

The 1st and worst decision of the planners of Colony Shopping Ctr. was to build a Regional Rec Ctr. there also, why was that included in that site?? Common sense tells you that was a BIG mistake.....
Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Veteran member

If it would be a ONE-WAY traffic pattern coming to and a ONE-WAY leaving the 3 entrances/exits would help a great deal in the traffic flow
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Gold member

No Biggie, Will not lose sleep over it. So you have to wait a little to turn.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Eternal Member

I am sure if the developer had it to do over again a lot of things would be different knowing what they know now. Hindsight is always 20/20.

VG
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.