Colony Blvd Golf Cart Crossing

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Sage

That's all fine and good, but this is advertised as a golf cart community, so things should be golf cart accessible. No???
Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Sage

Then the answer would be ...deal with it.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Default POA responded to the issue

I attended the POA (Property Owners Association) meeting in May at Laurel Manor. I specifically asked about plans for that Colony intersection next to the Rec Center. One of the board members responded and said the warning lights and signs are just a short term means to address the problem. The long term plan is a stop light traffic signal, or even some traffic re-routing. The board member said long term options to provide an optimal, definitive fix are currently being studied. The POA and Sumter County are very aware that this intersection is particularly dangerous, which is why they quickly put a temporary solution in place, as they work on a better permanent solution. The danger at this intersection is getting some priority attention because the danger has increased many fold owing to all of the new housing in the area. I highly endorse supporting the POA for its resident advocacy. I joined both the POA and the VHA in order to stay well informed on the developer's perspective and the residents' perspective about this fantastic community in which I live. The cost to join both is very reasonable and well worth the value of the information each provides to keep me informed.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdarcy View Post
I attended the POA (Property Owners Association) meeting in May at Laurel Manor. I specifically asked about plans for that Colony intersection next to the Rec Center. One of the board members responded and said the warning lights and signs are just a short term means to address the problem. The long term plan is a stop light traffic signal, or even some traffic re-routing. The board member said long term options to provide an optimal, definitive fix are currently being studied. The POA and Sumter County are very aware that this intersection is particularly dangerous, which is why they quickly put a temporary solution in place, as they work on a better permanent solution. The danger at this intersection is getting some priority attention because the danger has increased many fold owing to all of the new housing in the area. I highly endorse supporting the POA for its resident advocacy. I joined both the POA and the VHA in order to stay well informed on the developer's perspective and the residents' perspective about this fantastic community in which I live. The cost to join both is very reasonable and well worth the value of the information each provides to keep me informed.

Did they provide any ballpark timeframe of when the permanent solutions would be in place?
Old 07-24-2013, 02:19 PM

No. The POA board member did not give a timeframe for the permanent solution. However, I got the impression from the conversation that the acknowledged danger given the increase in population, not merely the congestion, is making the project a priority.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Veteran member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdarcy View Post
No. The POA board member did not give a timeframe for the permanent solution. However, I got the impression from the conversation that the acknowledged danger given the increase in population, not merely the congestion, is making the project a priority.
I don't think you will ever see a 4-way stop or traffic light right in the middle of the block. Traffic would back up down to the intersection and also walgreens and the bank. That is especially true at 4-way stops because people look at each other to try to figure out whose turn it is.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.