Colony Cottage. Omigosh.

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Colony Cottage. Omigosh.

We took our daughter to see the decor in some of the regional rec centers today and we had not yet seen Colony Cottage.

I was awestruck. Everything was exquisite and so right for cottage decor. There just seemed to be at least twice as much of everything than needed, including chandeliers. It was like eating too much sugar.

Anyone else feel like that?

(I am so glad to get my identity back. My husband finally logged into TOTV, forgot to tell me and I didn't notice and my last few posts have been under golf4me.)

GracieGirl

( I am attempting to decorate in "cottage" in our new home in Hadley but I won't be quite as "saturated" as Colony Cottage.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Colony Cottage. Omigosh.

How would you like to dust it?

Kinda reminded me a bit of a Cracker Barrel on steroids, though I love the stairway to the faux second floor.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

You have my curiosity piqued, gracie

Will check it out when we arrive in less than a week...
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Veteran member

What is neat is you can come in any time, sit and read a book, surf using their wi-fi, or practice dancing on the huge wooden dance floor when its not in use, which is often.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 06-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Gold member

We visited CC just recently and I had the same reaction as Gracie. It was like the decorator had gone wild and could not stop filling every corner, leaving no space or table unadorned.If you look past all that there are some neat combinations of fabrics and furniture placement. Gave me some ideas.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
We took our daughter to see the decor in some of the regional rec centers today and we had not yet seen Colony Cottage.

I was awestruck. Everything was exquisite and so right for cottage decor. There just seemed to be at least twice as much of everything than needed, including chandeliers. It was like eating too much sugar.

Anyone else feel like that?

(I am so glad to get my identity back. My husband finally logged into TOTV, forgot to tell me and I didn't notice and my last few posts have been under golf4me.)

GracieGirl

( I am attempting to decorate in "cottage" in our new home in Hadley but I won't be quite as "saturated" as Colony Cottage.
When it first opened I went to see it and was amazed at all "the stuff" displayed and my first thought was that it was a gift shop ???
Old 06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Veteran member

My wife and I were there for the grand opening of Colony Cottage and were, as you say, awestruck.
We were in the process of decorating our small villa in the cottage look and ended up with a mini colony cottage so to speak.
I being a nautical buff, found lake Miona rec center out of this world. Decorations to "kill" for
Handie :joke:
Old 06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Sage

Colony is near us and I know what you mean. Upon entering I did first think of a gift shop. But as I went to a few functions there and looked around it became sort of enchanting. It's kind of like a little girl's playhouse. Yes, it's over the top, but still another beautiful addition to The Villages. ;D

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.