Colony gas station prices

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Is the Publix gas promotion advertised in their flier?
How often do they offer it?
They do it periodically....coupon is in the flyer
Old 03-17-2015, 08:51 AM

Here is the difference between 466A Shell Station and the Marathon station in Pinellas Plaza. At the Shell station u can select debit but it still won't give u the cash price. You only get cash price if you go in and give them cash. At the Marathon station you can select debit at the pump and it will give you the cash price. On the Gas Buddy app they both have currently cash prices of $2.39. But unless you have cash for for the Shell station you will pay $2.45. I don't like the Shell station. The pumps are getting harder to read as the screens fade due to weather and sun. The owner ripped me off once. Although it was for only $1.75. The pump jumped before I even picked up the handle and I went in to talk to him and he wouldn't even talk to me about it. So I will go out of my way when I can to go else where.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:28 AM

Where are the Marathon stations? They all look like Shell to me
Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Where are the Marathon stations? They all look like Shell to me

Pinellas Plaza has one. Very nice.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
Here is the difference between 466A Shell Station and the Marathon station in Pinellas Plaza. At the Shell station u can select debit but it still won't give u the cash price. You only get cash price if you go in and give them cash. At the Marathon station you can select debit at the pump and it will give you the cash price. On the Gas Buddy app they both have currently cash prices of $2.39. But unless you have cash for for the Shell station you will pay $2.45. I don't like the Shell station. The pumps are getting harder to read as the screens fade due to weather and sun. The owner ripped me off once. Although it was for only $1.75. The pump jumped before I even picked up the handle and I went in to talk to him and he wouldn't even talk to me about it. So I will go out of my way when I can to go else where.
Shell gift cards are counted as cash
Old 03-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Veteran member

If you download the Clark's app for your smartphone there is a one time promotion where you'll get a 50 cent a gallon credit. Pump your gas, take your receipt inside with the app, don't press the button to show the promotion until ready, it will time out in 3 minutes and be gone) and you'll get a Marathon gift card. Sweet deal. We've used it on both of our iPhones and now have a $12 card.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Sage

Shell is a "top tier" gas station and Marathon is not. Google "top tier gas" and you'll see that there is a better quality of gas sold at Shell and other top tier stations, using detergents to keep your engine clean and not apt to foul with deposits.
That said, I hate giving my business to that Shell but for a few cents more as compared to Marathon I'll buy at Shell. Usually though I'll buy on 466 where the both Shell stations there seem to not play that game of cash or charge pricing. Bottom line is my usual purchase in the cart is about 3 gals, not a big deal if I pay 6 cents more per gal. but know I'm getting a top tier gas.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

OK the Colony Shell finally has an owner that can keep gas in the tanks and has a good little Breakfast bar. The cash only price has been up for quite sometime I believe since the new owner took over at least. As others have said use your Winn Dixie perks and get the Shell card when Publix has the coupon. I always buy a few when their on coupon. When I don't have Shell CC I use my regular CC. I'll be damned if I'm going to drive to 466 to save .90 if I'm filling my car or .30 if I'm filling my Golf Cart. Just makes no sense at all. Keep up the good work Colony Shell. JMO
Old 03-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Sage

Gas is gas--the new clean burn engines run clean--spark plugs are good for @ least 100k miles. All gas runs thru the same pipelines, all gas is the same. During the gas crises of the 70's we used everything & our cars ran. I have 2 Benz's and both cars run well on any premium. Use the cheapest & you're ahead of the game.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Is the Publix gas promotion advertised in their flier?
How often do they offer it?
Usually in the local newspaper once a month. Sometimes twice a month. Coupon not in their flyer.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Gas is gas--the new clean burn engines run clean--spark plugs are good for @ least 100k miles. All gas runs thru the same pipelines, all gas is the same. During the gas crises of the 70's we used everything & our cars ran. I have 2 Benz's and both cars run well on any premium. Use the cheapest & you're ahead of the game.
Google top tier gas. Additives that are put in the gas in top tier gas stations make the difference for clean engines and these top tier stations are recommended by GM, Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Honda and other major manufactures. These additives won't make your car run better, only keep it running longer and cleaner. All gas is the same until it is put into the tanker
and the additives are added. What you used in the 70's was 40 years ago and things have changed.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Google top tier gas. Additives that are put in the gas in top tier gas stations make the difference for clean engines and these top tier stations are recommended by GM, Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Honda and other major manufactures. These additives won't make your car run better, only keep it running longer and cleaner. All gas is the same until it is put into the tanker
and the additives are added. What you used in the 70's was 40 years ago and things have changed.
I use diesel for my two cars, and regular gas for my golf cart. Is their an upper tier for diesel?
Old 03-18-2015, 11:42 PM
Sage

There is no upper tier for diesel
Old 03-19-2015, 12:59 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default jUST DON'T GO THERE

AS LONG AS WE KEEP PAYING IT, THEY WILL KEEP CHARGING IT. gO TO mARATHON AND MAYBE THEY WILL LOWER THE PRICE EVENTUALLY.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default jUST DON'T GO THERE

AS LONG AS WE KEEP PAYING IT, THEY WILL KEEP CHARGING GO TO Marathon AND MAYBE THEY WILL LOWER THE PRICE EVENTUALLY.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.