Rentals increasing?

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Rentals increasing?

Has the number of rentals over time been increasing or no?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Default Rentals

Yes it is increasing yearly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

It appeared that way to me also. We are currently renting in The Palms here on Islamorada and this complex of condos is 70% rentals!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

No one knows for sure, but you will be given definitive answers and controversy will begin.

It is a beautiful day in The Villages. We own, rented while this house was being built. No rentals in our Village.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

In less than a year of selling our first home in TV, the neighborhood has had 13 homes up for sale due to a death, or move to facility. All 13 homes are now rentals.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

So do rentals effect values?
Old 01-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
So do rentals effect values?
It didn't when we sold first, if I had to sell this house the value has gone up more than any other part of the US
Old 01-29-2016, 10:44 AM
Gold member

I built my Villages home in 2012 and it has been an unfurnished, long-term rental since day 1. I would be in my home now except my 91 year old mother doesn't want to live in The Villages full time. She would do it if I really pushed it!

My property manager tells me that there are more and more rentals on the market. I am still in contact with my Village realtor who helped me pick my lot and was at my design team meetings. He says many baby boomers are buying their Village home and renting them out. They are afraid if they wait that they may be priced out of the market. He has called me several times with a potential buyer on the phone so I can tell them my rental experience and they can ask me questions.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:08 AM

Notice the rental prices have also increased.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

More rentals that are not 100% occupied 12 months a year but still paying amenity fees keeping the cost lower overall for everyone else = a good thing. If every house was occupied with a full time resident can you imagine the complaining by people who think it's too crowded already?
Old 01-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Veteran member
Default I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
More rentals that are not 100% occupied 12 months a year but still paying amenity fees keeping the cost lower overall for everyone else = a good thing. If every house was occupied with a full time resident can you imagine the complaining by people who think it's too crowded already?
Old 01-29-2016, 12:25 PM

I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath, 1100 s.f. home that I rent out in the high season. The monthly rental prices in the high season have gone up quick a bit over the past 5 years. My house use to rent for $2150 a month and I can easily get $2600 plus 11% sales tax. I advertised my house in the Villages on several websites, and I get hundreds of requests for Jan/Feb/March. There seems to be more people that want to rent, then the supply. I could easily get a lot more rent per month, than I currently get, judging from the requests I get.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:09 PM

Our home is only 2 years old here in TV. We were one of the first ones on the block to buy. A few days later, you could hear the salesmen touting these homes next door as "good investments." We now are surrounded by 8 rentals: 2 in the front, 2 on the side and 3 in the rear. I wonder how these "investors" would feel if they were living in my house!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Sage

That is what drove us out of our really high end ocean front condo in Palm Coast- we did not want to be surrounded by slobs-who didn't give a crap--"they're on vacation"--

They screw up the villages-because they don't care- they don't care how they drive--they don't care how they park--if you can't afford to live here ,save till you are ready to move in- don't screw it up for your future neighbors--

Thank God there are no renters in our neighborhood !!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:46 PM

We are baby boomers in our 50's and purchased three years ago. Yes, we were afraid if we waited until we could move down, we would not be able to afford to buy at that time. We do rent out Jan, Feb, and March and an extra month if we can get it. This helps pay a lot of the expenses but we still pay out our pockets the mortgage.

We have the same renters from last year. They will not be renting next year because they are buying a house in TV this year. We like our neighbors and therefore do not rent by the week. We will live there hopefully in 5 years. There are only 3 rentals on our block of 24 houses. It is a neighborhood that is 10 years old with mostly original owners. Our house the husband passed away and after a couple years the wife was moved to a nursing home near her children. Our neighbors are very nice to us and to our renters.
Closed Thread

Tags
rentals, increasing, time, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.