Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Sage

Them is us !!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Here it is still January and we are kicking the developer. He IS a person. He's Megan's grandpa.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm sure it is hard to process for some people that the Developer's Engineer's possibly made a mistake, and/or The Developer approved that. It is also hard to admit there may be cost cutting involved when designing certain aspects of the Villages. It is all so wonderful here, but using some imagination, one could think of even how much nicer it would have been had certain things been included, not excluded. For the millionth time, The Developer is not God, is not perfect, and The Villages is not perfect! The Colony intersection is just one more instance of proof. I'll never understand why some people feel so threatened by that. In any event, the residents are getting stuck with the bill. What else is new.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I guess we just get tired of people blaming(or inferring blame)on the developer.........................
Old 01-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Sage

I don't see any "corner cutting" on the part of the developer, or skulduggery on the part of the county. Perhaps only 1 or more errors in judgement on the part of the engineers. The plan is flexible, so we just go with it.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but having worked in the permit sector in New York State for a number of years, we found numerous instances of corner cutting. That is a fact. I wouldn't expect things to be any different in Florida. Whether our Developer cuts corners to save money, is anyone's guess, since we do not have access to the permit studies and documents. No one accuses the county or town of skulduggery. If anything, they were not equipped, personnel-wise, to deal with reviews of a development of this size. It may just have been beyond their scope of expertise. Or maybe the permit process is different here in Florida, and they were not involved at all. Of course this is all conjecture. The whole point of my post, that most seem to have missed, is that it is not rocket science to determine traffic volumes and mitigation particularly when you have Southern Trace as a perfect example to draw from. In my engineering opinion, this was a mistake that should never have happened, and the residents are now getting stuck with the bill.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Platinum member

I think when someone moves from a state like Illinois that is in the crapper you just miss the bad news..
You have a echo in you head that will not go away.
I think If I am able to break the chains of this doomed state
I will suffer from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

JMO

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I guess we just get tired of people blaming(or inferring blame)on the developer.........................
But what if the Developer is to blame for some of the errors? Why do some people insist and are so sure, so absolutely positive, that the Developer is blameless in everything?

I have a lot more respect for someone who will step up to the plate and admit mistakes, and take responsibility.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 AM
TOTV Moderator

The topic is the Colony traffic crossing problem/solution.

Let's not turn this into a general praise/bash the Developer discussion.

Thanks,

Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Gold member

I look at it as, solutions have been looked at and scrutinized, by all who are involved in authority, and the best solution has been picked. Putting blame on someone, is not going to fix the situation. With all that's been built in this lovely community, mistakes can be made. As an example, the narrow cart paths in the older section, have been improved and made larger in new section. Now with this situation, I'm sure more planning will take place for future areas near shopping plaza's etc. Lets let the authorities, fix the problem, so we all can move on, and enjoy our beautiful surroundings. Lets all be happy and enjoy our paradise, and the great people who live here
Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 AM

Southern Trace does not have a very busy Regional Rec Center in the middle of the traffic congestion, but I agree there are otherwise many similarities between Southern Trace and Colony. The former being able to serve as an example for the latter.

I marvel at how often some of these big traffic and road projects can go so badly awry. I lived in Austin Texas in which an entrance ramp to a major expressway ran through a residential neighborhood. (45th St and Loop 1). It was clear traffic planners incorrectly projected the direction of population growth. In Atlanta an entire bus load of student athletes was killed when their driver careened, at highway speed, off a rare left side exit ramp that T-boned into a perpendicular street on the expressway overpass. it was determined that confusing signage and the rare left exit probably resulted in the driver mistaking the ramp in the early morning hours for the HOV lane a bit further ahead.

It takes the bad examples to highlight the challenges involved in traffic planning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.