Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Veteran member

I would love to know how long the agreement The Villages made with Comcast is good for. I know they are the only cable company allowed in The Villages, but is this forever? I would love for the POA to research this and start a campaign to change it.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
I would love to know how long the agreement The Villages made with Comcast is good for. I know they are the only cable company allowed in The Villages, but is this forever? I would love for the POA to research this and start a campaign to change it.
Change it to what??
Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Default Comcast

Remember the word " Negotiate " it works for me all the time...
Old 11-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

Change it so other cable companies, like Brighthouse, can come into The Villages. I would think Comcast would sit up and take notice if they had competition in the area.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Change it so other cable companies, like Brighthouse, can come into The Villages. I would think Comcast would sit up and take notice if they had competition in the area.
Lived in a town up north that let a second cable company have an equal opportunity to serve the residents. It was Wide Open West (WOW), and people couldn't leave Comcast fast enough. The best thing was that it was the highest rated cable company in every Consumer Reports survey. BTW, Comcast got no better.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Lived in a town up north that let a second cable company have an equal opportunity to serve the residents. It was Wide Open West (WOW), and people couldn't leave Comcast fast enough. The best thing was that it was the highest rated cable company in every Consumer Reports survey. BTW, Comcast got no better.
When Verizon finally got into our town, all that Comcast was doing was disconnects for quite some time.

It's amazing what competition does.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
You should try, as a group (bigger the better) to petition the POA. If nothing else, you should be able to get some kind of answer.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
They have found a way to totally disrespect the customers and still book revenue. As I have said all a competitor has to do is go down to their office off of 441, (across from Lowes,etc) and take a picture of the waiting room and ask for the comments from customers in the room. On any given day some have waited an hour or more just to turn in or exchange their box or discuss a bill. To the person they are disgusted. Have been there when
there have been 10+ customers and only one person working. It is terrible.
I only hope some meaningful competition becomes available. I have spoken
to Direct TV and will most likely move to them. Just hate to go through the
hassle but will not have an option shortly. How does Verison work?
Hmmm, sounds like a good YouTube video.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Sage

Every town I know of has one fiber and one cable choice. I guess technically you can have more but the companies want an exclusive (obviously).

Is it technically possible to have two copper companies (i.e. Comcast or Brighthouse or Cox) run off the same lines?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
JenAjd, do you have Prism in the Villages? I checked online, and when I put in my zip 32159, it said "not available" this area. Maybe that website is out of date?

I'm looking for TV service + internet, and am anxious to get rid of Verizon wireless, as it constantly kicks me offline! So annoying!

Thanks for any suggestions!

I currently have Prism TV here in The Villages in the village of Poinciana. To find out if you can get Prism in your village go to the Centurylink office located near Target just off 441/27 they know The Villages and know where it is offered in The Villages.

To get it hooked up they had to come out a couple of times to do what ever they do outside the house and then they came in and took care of the inside and I have had no problems. After they hooked it up I took my old equipment to Comcast and good bye Comcast.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Switched to CenturyLink PRISM - more channels for a much lower price. I'm so happy to be rid of Comcast.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Gold member
Default Fios

Is there any way TV Homewoners can petition to get Fios in TV.

All you previous Subscribers understand where I am coming from.

Comcast and the rest are like going from a Race Car to a Pedal Cart.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 AM

had comcast tv here for 4 yrs. I switched to Dish and the picture quality was much better but you do lose signal during hard storms. I will say that the Dish customer service is soooooooooo much better than Comcast was.
Hope they have gotten better for their sake as there are choices here.'
I talk to people just outside the Villages that have Brighthouse and they rave about it. Too bad we are locked into some contractual deal here in TV with Comcast. What ever happened to FREE ENTERPRISE??
Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thumbs up Brighthouse is the best

Brighthouse has the best product, best service, and best price. I started out last year paying $80 for cable, internet, and unlimited phone service. The second year it went to $90. There's no installation fee or service contract. They showed up early for their appointment. Their customer service is the best. If you ever get a chance to sign up for Brighthouse, do it. I have no affiliation with the company, only a happy customer.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Frustration

My frustration is the change over from one (Comcast) to another. We have the Comcast DVR's and like them. Not sure what others offer? I know I will have to bite the bullet soon and switch. But just dislike the idea of having go through the process to have it done. Can anyone share their experiences in making the change over. I spoke to Comcast a few days ago and it was like the old shell game on the streets of New York City where they put a pea under a walnut shell, move the 3 around and ask you to guess which has the shell? Comcast kept moving the pea around for various prices and each time the price grew.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.