Comcast again

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts
Default Comcast again

Was I just the lucky one or did anyone else have 5 interruptions to the X1 system this afternoon (6/25). I had to manually reset the DVR 4 times. Called Comcast after the 4th time, demanded a call back after they claimed NO PROBLEMS on their system. Called again after the 5th time, and did not reset the DVR so they could get error codes, no help.
Very annoying, this occurred during the last laps of the Nascar race, managed to use another TV to watch the end of the race, and of course the movie I was recording did not record.
OK thank you for allowing me to vent.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

No problems here. Lake Deaton
Old 06-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Eternal Member

No problems at all today here in BonnyBrook
Old 06-25-2017, 06:37 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Tink............with Comcast issues, why not Spectrum???

Is there a price advantage with Comcast???

Just wondering.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Was I just the lucky one or did anyone else have 5 interruptions to the X1 system this afternoon (6/25). I had to manually reset the DVR 4 times. Called Comcast after the 4th time, demanded a call back after they claimed NO PROBLEMS on their system. Called again after the 5th time, and did not reset the DVR so they could get error codes, no help.
Very annoying, this occurred during the last laps of the Nascar race, managed to use another TV to watch the end of the race, and of course the movie I was recording did not record.
If they got under your skin that's really saying something. They just offered a $400 gift card about a month ago to go back to them. N.O.P.E.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Vent away, although I think all providers have issues.

Last edited by Allegiance; 06-25-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
No problems north of 466. I have not tried it yet, but I found there is a Comcast app for Roku that allows you to use the Roku stick rather than a cable box. I post my impressions after I check it out.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
No problems north of 466. I have not tried it yet, but I found there is a Comcast app for Roku that allows you to use the Roku stick rather than a cable box. I post my impressions after I check it out.
I assume you have to be on the same ip address as your home?

Ty
Old 06-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Veteran member

Two of my 4 TVs won't work, I have reset them and unplugged them and whatever else I could think of, but they wouldn't start again. I'll have to call Comcast tomorrow and see what happens.

Worse part is, I've only had Comcast for 2 weeks, I just switched over from Centurylink, hoping I didn't just make a big mistake.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Two of my 4 TVs won't work, I have reset them and unplugged them and whatever else I could think of, but they wouldn't start again. I'll have to call Comcast tomorrow and see what happens.

Worse part is, I've only had Comcast for 2 weeks, I just switched over from Centurylink, hoping I didn't just make a big mistake.
Is the same splitter feeding those two tvs?
Old 06-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Sage

Currently we are tied to the Comcast email system (big mistake...), no splitters other then the original Comcast equipment in the box in the garage. The phone and internet service continued to work all the time with the DVR was out. The other 3 TVs (with the small non HD converters) continued to work.
It appears either the Comcast Xfinity servers were having problems, or my DVR is having problems. According to Comcast they remotely looked at my DVR and it was operating correctly, even had them look a second time when the TV screen was frozen, no errors..... So my question aimed at seeing if others were having problems with the servers.
Thank yo to all who replied. I did ask for a follow-up call from Comcast, if I ever get it I will post what they tell me.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Currently we are tied to the Comcast email system (big mistake...), no splitters other then the original Comcast equipment in the box in the garage. The phone and internet service continued to work all the time with the DVR was out. The other 3 TVs (with the small non HD converters) continued to work.
It appears either the Comcast Xfinity servers were having problems, or my DVR is having problems. According to Comcast they remotely looked at my DVR and it was operating correctly, even had them look a second time when the TV screen was frozen, no errors..... So my question aimed at seeing if others were having problems with the servers.
Thank yo to all who replied. I did ask for a follow-up call from Comcast, if I ever get it I will post what they tell me.
How are you "tied" to Comcast's email system?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
How are you "tied" to Comcast's email system?
Have you tried to change email addresses for literally a couple hundred of your friends and contacts....not to mention vendors and merchants, etc....and then reregistering various websites, like ToTV. I did this once when I came down here and was able to overlap my original email with my new email, took 6 months to get everything changed over. 4 years later, I still occasionally find a site with an old address.
I am considering an outdoor antenna as I have seen comments that these do work in this area, but I know I need to keep some form of cable TV (or the internet equivalent) for specific sports programs that we watch.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Currently we are tied to the Comcast email system (big mistake...)
Exact reason we now use gmail accounts!! Here we have dish for tv and Brighthouse for our internet. Up north, we have Verizon Fios. None of the services are wonderful, but Comcast, in my opinion is the worse! My daughter and her husband recently changed from Fios to Comcast with the Xfinity X1 system, to ave some money and promptly changed back within 5 days. They said the functionality of the box was the pits! Good luck!!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Veteran member

I could give up TV altogether except for sports. A girl's gotta have her football! Only another two months!
Closed Thread

Tags
called, reset, dvr, race, comcast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.