Comcast Again

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Platinum member
Default Comcast Again

I know how posters love to beat up Comcast on this site, however, this is not one of them. I am happy with Comcast and the great customer service I received.

My two year package with Comcast was expiring. I gave them a call fully expecting to downgrade service to internet only and then going to Sony Vue for TV and Ooma for phone. Talking with the service rep Cam, I told her that because technology was changing so fast I did not want to enter into another two year agreement. She gave me a 12 month agreement for $5 less than what I currently pay and I added a sports package for $5. In the end I am paying the same for more stations. Oddly enough, I am paying the same as the cost as Comcast internet and Sony Vue...

Now, a tip on how to save with the other stuff! Comcast has a free app for Roku! You must have a TV account and the cable box on your main TV to use it. However, with Roku you can eliminate the digital converter box on all of your secondary TVs. That is $72.00 per year per box. We have 3 additional TVs. That is $216.00 per year.

How is this better? Using the Roku app, you can get the HD feed for all the stations. With the digital converter boxes you got only the non-HD channel. If you have DVR service, all of the recorded shows can be accessed with the Comcast Roku app. Take advantage of this now before Comcast realizes what’s great app this is and starts charging for it!
Old 12-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have to agree. I know some have horror stories but we have had Comcast for 20 years and they are constantly improving their product and customer service.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, service, year, app, roku

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.