Comcast Charges

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Default Comcast Charges

Noticed on my Comcast bill that they stated charging $1.99 for each free DTA adapter. I called the billing department and referenced their own web site which said:

such charges are not applicable for digital adapter service outlets existing on accounts prior to July 1,2012).

The web site is https://digitalnow.comcast.com/About...al_Update.aspx

They took the charges off my bill.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under55 View Post
Noticed on my Comcast bill that they stated charging $1.99 for each free DTA adapter. I called the billing department and referenced their own web site which said:

such charges are not applicable for digital adapter service outlets existing on accounts prior to July 1,2012).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be calling them myself later today. I'll go a step further and get a refund for the month I've already paid for.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Talked with them today. Unable to get charges removed. What's your secret ?.....
Old 02-04-2013, 09:53 AM

It has to be approved by a Supervisor and you have to reference their quote on the web site.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:56 AM

I just called and they refused to remove from my bill. They are using the standard copout "this is a corporate decision and we cannot change it. The state of Florida is affected not nationwide which is why the website has not been changed". I then asked to speak with a supervisor who reiterated the same crap. They said it was included in the Jan 15th rate change notification but I cannot find it, and the point I tried to make was that these adapters were sent because they went from analog to digital and they were free. If they were going to start charging for something they gave us for free, we should have received a notification in the mail, not sneak it into a 14 page mini-printed foldout which I need a magnifying glass to read. This is borderline immoral and their arrogant behavior is reprehensible.

What are my options besides a satellite dish? I'm ready to switch but do not want dish.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 AM

To bad it didnt work out. Guess I just got a hold of the right person at the right time.
I tried hooking up my digital tv direct without the adapter so I could turn it in but I didnt get all the channels I get with the adapter so I hooked it back up.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM

My suggestion is to go with Directv and get away from all the stupid charges that Comcast comes up with.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Dealing with Comcast here is the most frustrating experience I have ever watched my sweet husband endure...Steam always came out of his ears.

We like our Verizon for internet and phone and we now are satisfied with Direct TV.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Gold member

I think you can buy comcast adapters online then turn yours in. Comcast is such a pest!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM

I can not find any online to buy and if you could, would Comcast activate it.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by under55 View Post

I called and had little success until I was connected to Jennifer in Customer Appreciation?? (not sure exactly if that is what the department was called) and she looked into my account.

She gave me a $10 discount for the current bill and supposed to be a $10 discount for a year and then we will look into the matter again. We have 2 adapters. I told her that I hope they could get things worked out or I would have to look into Direct TV. She didn't like that very much and I said I hope I didn't have to do it because we have been customers for years even before we moved to Florida.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Default Cable TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Dealing with Comcast here is the most frustrating experience I have ever watched my sweet husband endure...Steam always came out of his ears.

We like our Verizon for internet and phone and we now are satisfied with Direct TV.
I always have to make a deal with Comcast whether it's in TV or in VT. Never fails. It's a pain twice a year but we save money. I also found out that Brighthouse (top rated by Consumer Reports) are in sections of TV. We've had friends in Melbourne that think they're the greatest.
Steve & Deanna
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum member

I have contacted Comcast frequently regarding billing, service, setup help, etc. I have always come away satisfied. I called them the other day about my bill which showed a substantial increase. Not only did the increase disappear, the final result was a decrease plus the addition of a premium channel. I guess I am lucky and get to talk to the right people.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

Most of these people from Comcast are minimum-wage jobs and could care less about customer Satisfaction they are cursed yelled at by customers they have no impact upon the rules If you treat them with kindness and caring attitude that you should every person They will bend over backwards to make your bill reduced as they see it as a way of getting back at their employer. If you don't get what you were hoping to get , be nice and hang up and call back again you will finally find somebody that will give you what you want If you say you're thinking about getting a dish they will refer you to another department they will try to get you to retain your subscription that is another good leverage . The most important thing is to be nice to them.. If you are harassing customer ,they can put it in your file. Then when you call you will automatically get instant NO! The real advice is " just be nice"
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Platinum member

This is the first time I've called Comcast and not gotten a bill reduction. They are hanging tough on the digital adapter charge. I hope everyone calls to at least protest. It is maddening to deal with them. We have the triple play. Has anyone found a wireless connection that is as fast as Comcast? We need to change providers before I blow a gasket.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.