Comcast Charges

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Sage

After reading all this, I called Comcast in disgust, prepared to give up our digital starter service at $65.95 per month plus $3.98 for the two adapters and make do with the lowest level of service. We've had the "free" adapters at least since 2011, probably since 2010. No matter how I argued, the digital adapter fee was not going away. My husband has been ready to can them for two years but I like to be able to get weather and news.

So, in dealing with "Crystal," I read to her the current price list effective January 15, 2013, that stated that adapters are free with digital economy service at $34.95 per month, and requested they switch us to that service, even though we'd lose TCM, HGTV and a couple of other channels we like. First, she denied the language in the printed brochure and tried to upsell us but I insisted on downgrading versus signing on to any of their "promotions." We were truly disgusted to the point where we were willing to get the lowest level of service and still keep the internet.

However, the result of being a "long-time customer," was that we came out with a rate of $29.95 versus $62.95 for TV. Imagine our surprise when we turned on the TV and the only things we had lost were "Music Choice" and "On Demand," neither of which we used.

They gave us a credit of $75 for the month of Feb. If whatever buttons she pushed stay pushed, our TV cost will be minimal and I'm happy to have TV going into the summer storm season!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 AM

I called Comcast and even though I have been a longtime customer, no matter what I said to Jim, he just insisted that everyone had to pay this fee. He refused to put me through to a supervisor, and I mentioned to him that I get my bills online and that I was never notified of the change. He said that it didn't matter, that Comcast could do what they wanted and that for years that Comcast had been paying for the boxes at their expense and now they were passing the cost along to the customers. I said are you refusing to put me through to your supervisor and he said "yes", that he couldn't put frivolous calls through. Really, I kept my cool, and I mentioned that other customers had the charge removed from their bills, and he said that an auditor would find the errors and add it back in and that the employee would be fired for that. He said he had already seen someone fired. Talking to Jim was soooo frustrating and you would think I was talking the money out of his pocket. I told him when my contract was up with Comcast in June I would be shopping around. (we signed up for two years and got a Visa card).

This guy was arrogant and had a attitude like he was sick of explaining this.

Good luck to the next person who tries, but if Jim answers your call, please hang up!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa & Giggi View Post
I called Comcast and even though I have been a longtime customer, no matter what I said to Jim, he just insisted that everyone had to pay this fee. He refused to put me through to a supervisor, and I mentioned to him that I get my bills online and that I was never notified of the change. He said that it didn't matter, that Comcast could do what they wanted and that for years that Comcast had been paying for the boxes at their expense and now they were passing the cost along to the customers. I said are you refusing to put me through to your supervisor and he said "yes", that he couldn't put frivolous calls through. Really, I kept my cool, and I mentioned that other customers had the charge removed from their bills, and he said that an auditor would find the errors and add it back in and that the employee would be fired for that. He said he had already seen someone fired. Talking to Jim was soooo frustrating and you would think I was talking the money out of his pocket. I told him when my contract was up with Comcast in June I would be shopping around. (we signed up for two years and got a Visa card).

Good luck to the next person who tries, but if Jim answers your call, please hang up!
If you get nowhere, hang up and re-dial, you're bound to get a new person in a new place. Their rate sheet doesn't mention charges for DTAs.

The only way to get through to Comcast is to complain to the county that licenses them. It's quite possible that all the houses in sumter county could be switched over to Bright House when their license expires if we complain loud enough to the licensing authority.

Skip
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa & Giggi View Post
Within two day's you're bound to get a "phone survey" for that call you made. Just be honest and "disappointed" in Comcast contact reps.

Skip
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.