Comcast - free channels

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Comcast - free channels

I have internet only through Comcast and used to get around thirty free channels if I plugged the cable in to my TV. Now I get four, two of which are adverts for Comcast.

Last time this happened I ran a channel search and most of them popped back up, but no such luck this time.

Has anyone found the same?

The only channel I ever watched was PBS, but my Spanish was coming along great, too :-)
Old 10-28-2015, 03:11 PM

I remember reading a few months ago that Comcast had started scrambling the channels that used to be free. So, without a Comcast set top box, you probably won't get much, if anything.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

It might be that you can get more channels by renting the Digital Transfer Adapter [DTA] - if it will work without a set top box.

Or maybe you can get some tv programming over the computer using your comcast account number?

Old 10-28-2015, 03:49 PM

Comcast started scrambling previously free channels in June. Here's a discussion thread that may answer your questions/concerns:

Comcast scrambles free local channels SOB
Old 10-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I have internet only through Comcast and used to get around thirty free channels if I plugged the cable in to my TV. Now I get four, two of which are adverts for Comcast.

Last time this happened I ran a channel search and most of them popped back up, but no such luck this time.

Has anyone found the same?

The only channel I ever watched was PBS, but my Spanish was coming along great, too :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjim View Post
Comcast started scrambling previously free channels in June. Here's a discussion thread that may answer your questions/concerns:

Comcast scrambles free local channels SOB

Thank you all.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, time, channel, channels, free, back, popped, luck, coming, spanish, great, pbs, watched, found, plugged, cable, thirty, internet, happened, ran, adverts, search

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.