Comcast outage. Now nothing works

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Default Update

Only took 4 days to fix this, no thanks to Comcast. After their outage, they told me first that my "TV was broken" and then that the fault was in my (new) router. GRRR. What worked: I ended up resetting my router, then reinstalling all my devices. Things are pretty much back to baseline. They are useless.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 05-08-2021, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
Only took 4 days to fix this, no thanks to Comcast. After their outage, they told me first that my "TV was broken" and then that the fault was in my (new) router. GRRR. What worked: I ended up resetting my router, then reinstalling all my devices. Things are pretty much back to baseline. They are useless.
As much as I hate ComCrap in this case the fault WAS on your end if resetting your "new router" and devices resolved the issue. They have no responsibility (or knowledge) to support your equipment especially if you choose to use your own cable modem and/or router for internet streaming. I had 5 years on that side of the cable/internet world and the only thing they are supposed to tell you is to reboot everything or pay for a service call if your equipment was the cause. While their support folks are idiots and script driven for the most part there are thousands of different modems and routers out there and there is no way they can help you. Had you been running HULU or YOUTUBE if your router needed to be reset your issues would have been the same. You chose to take their least expensive system (internet streaming based TV) and that all revolves around your router (and if you supplied your own cable modem that too).
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
outage, yesterday, work, yikes, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.