Comcast question

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2018, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

I don't use any of the Comcast apps. I use my TV apps, I also don't use wifi to watch Netflix or Prime, direct wired connect to Tv. Most of the Netflix and Amazon produced movies and series are broadcast in 4K.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Comcrap is The Devil. That being said I had no other option than to make a deal with The Devil when we moved in here because no other available provider (only other was C.L.) in my area could provide more then 25megs. I bought 75megs from The Devil, got a free upgrade to 100megs a few months ago and consistently get 100-120megs from The Devil and haven't had a problem since I moved in. <KNOCK WOOD, KNOCK PLASTIC and knock any other material I can knock>. It even held up during IRMA. Do I ever miss Verizon Fios from up in NJ.

The problem with dealing with The Devil is that he is wonderful until you need him ESPECIALLY FOR BILLING ISSUES. He will then make you burn in Hell.
You know you reminded me that in beautiful Avenel N.J. the friendly Comcast office where you can pay your bill, pick up new equipment or hand in equipment when your contract was over had beautiful 3" to 4" plexiglass to keep all the satisfied customers from shaking the hand of the very polite and professional clerks. They are deceptive worms. The things they said and didn't do for many fine people is repulsive.

We had a Comcrap lady canvassing our Villages neighborhood about 6 months ago with all sorts of promises including buying people out of any contract they were trapped in and from $200 to $400 in Visa gift cards. Many got caught up in the hoopla. It really hasn't worked out well for 3 out of the 4 that changed. Not me never again.

I remember you had to for some reason. You will be able to escape soon to Spectrum, that's my guess.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Default Comcast

While I don't want to get caught up in the customer service discussion, I can tell you Comcast monitors signal quality to their modems. As a professional engineer, I can tell you most issues Comcast and other providers experience is poor wiring in the home. Splitters, loose connectors, mis-wired RJ45 connectors, Wi-Fi sharing the same channel as the neighbor's house all cause poor performance. You can check your cable modem/TV status at XFINITY Status Center - Check for Service Outages In Your Area. FYI, Comcast does not throttle your modem speed. You only need 5Mbps for quality Netflix movies at Mpeg 4 on a large screen TV.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

I don't know if this is the answer, but could this be the beginning of what we can expect as a result of the elimination of net-neutrality regulations?
Old 04-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage

See post #8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
The 25 meg for Netflix is required if you want to view in 4K. I think hd only requires 4-5 meg.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Veteran member

From Netflix

Robert
Help Center Can I stream Netflix in Ultra HD?
Can I stream Netflix in Ultra HD?

Ultra HD streaming is available on Netflix!

What do I need to stream Ultra HD?

A TV compatible with Ultra HD streaming from Netflix. See below for more details.

A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on or upgrade your plan at netflix.com/ChangePlan.

A steady internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher. See below for more details.

Streaming quality set to High or Auto. More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.

Which TVs support Ultra HD streaming with Netflix?
Do other devices support Ultra HD streaming with Netflix?
Can I watch Netflix in Ultra HD on my computer?
How fast does my internet need to be to stream in Ultra HD?
How do I find Ultra HD titles?
Why aren't I seeing titles with the Ultra HD icon on my 4K HDTV?
Back to Home

Have feedback on this article?
This article did not address what I was searching for
The steps listed in the article did not work
The wording used in this article made it confusing
Other...
Old 04-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James

If your system is not secure, somebody could be using your wifi and eating up your bandwith.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, hang, problems, exit, power

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.