Comcast question

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2022, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,093 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I think there's some confusion between xfinity cable and xfinity internet.

They are two different types of products. With xfinity internet, you get only internet service. Like, for your laptop computer. That's wifi service. Xfinity customers are ALSO given a flex TV stick that can give them some free TV services, and allow them to pay for certain premium services as well.

Xfinity cable is TV service, which is not wifi, it's not internet service at all.

There's also xfinity mobile, which is cellular service, aka the "data" you use on your cell phone.

They offer various bundles, packages of channels for cable, speeds for wifi, and who the heck knows what for mobile, but you can also get any of the three of them, without either of the other two (or bundle just two).
That’s not entirely accurate, one can get cable without internet or vise versa, but to get xfinity mobil, you must also be an xfinity internet customer.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I think there's some confusion between xfinity cable and xfinity internet.

They are two different types of products. With xfinity internet, you get only internet service. Like, for your laptop computer. That's wifi service. Xfinity customers are ALSO given a flex TV stick that can give them some free TV services, and allow them to pay for certain premium services as well.

Xfinity cable is TV service, which is not wifi, it's not internet service at all.

There's also xfinity mobile, which is cellular service, aka the "data" you use on your cell phone.

They offer various bundles, packages of channels for cable, speeds for wifi, and who the heck knows what for mobile, but you can also get any of the three of them, without either of the other two (or bundle just two).
I’ve had XFinity for about 3 years. I was never given a “flex stick”. I have my own fire stick for additional channels I cannot access on XFinity, but I purchased that myself.
Old 07-19-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Amazon had it for 99 cents for 2 months
It is month 3 to infinity that gets you. Of course you could cancel after the two free months, however they do not make it easy to do so.
Old 07-19-2022, 10:29 AM
Default Commercial Free Cable

There was a time, when cable was new, where there were no commercials. Your monthly fees paid for the service. It made sense. The provider needs to make money so it was either commercials or pay for cable.
Of course now we pay for cable AND watch commercials and pay for various shows.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:37 PM

I have Comcast, which I use with my Roku. My Disney+ access button is on my Roku screen.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just my opinion, if they say it’s free there’s always a catch, nothing is FREE!
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, question, discovery, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.