Comcast raised rates again!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
If you folks don't check out the t-mobile cellular internet access you are missing the boat. They intend to sell a million units this year. There is no contract involved. There is no rent for the modem they send you by 2nd day air. There is no data limit. There are no wires. Get it. Subscribe to youtubet.tv or Hulu and tell Comcast and century link good bye. You don''t need t-mobile cell service. There is no dish involved. There is no ground connection. It's one little tube sitting somewhere in your house providing wifi internet. Enough speed for everything and when 5G starts here it will be like a lightning bolt.
Youtube.tv has all the local channels, national channels, espn, golf, etc... There is no contract!
That's if you have good T-mobilr coversge (signal). In my house it's (T-Mo & AT&T) barely usable PLUS the network latency is usually terrible on cell service meaning that the delay between send & receive can often be annoying. If it works for you at your location that's great. You can get 400Mb service from Comcrap/Xfinity for 45$ a month. You likely won't see REAL 5G here in T.V. in your lifetime. Maybe something they call 5G like they first did with 2G, 3G, 4G & LTE but really isn't. T-Mobile (and their previous companies) were notorious for that. Plus I doubt they'll give anyome a "5G home Internet" device without a huge top charge because people will be sucking up bandwidth.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:56 PM
Default Comcast Raises Rates Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordenny View Post
Has anyone opened their new bill and saw that the equipment rentals, taxes and fees have gone up on Comcast? It is so frustrating to have a contract for two years and still your bill keeps going up.
We live in a area where we don't have many options.
Our bill went up the same way. Just about everything that wasn't a service (TV, Internet, Phone) was raised. Last time this happened, I called Comcast and was told that the only things guaranteed to not go up during your contract period were the services, everything else is fair game to them.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
Not true. Go on the internet and look it up. I posted a link in my first message. The telephone people know zip about this new product. It's available. If you can't find it message me.
It was the T-Mobile internet site that told me the service was not available in my area.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-14-2021, 07:48 PM

I went tp Marion Market about a year ago now, and purchased all access tv from a vendor. You have to buy a small box for each tv, or you can move it from tv to tv. The initial cost is about $500.00, but there is nothing you cannot stream from here, and other countries around the world. That also includes most all the other streaming channels like Netflix, U-Tube , Amazon. All the new movies that come out in the theatres, just a day or two after the theaters get them. All the sports channels, I mean all the sports channels. I watch the news daily from Minneapolis, MN, the Vikings, Twins, all Gopher sports. And the price is only $37.50 per month. You do have to gave the internet, which most people have. Or you can call Alan at (352-568-5520) Tell him Vern sent you.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon Hud View Post
I went tp Marion Market about a year ago now, and purchased all access tv from a vendor. You have to buy a small box for each tv, or you can move it from tv to tv. The initial cost is about $500.00, but there is nothing you cannot stream from here, and other countries around the world. That also includes most all the other streaming channels like Netflix, U-Tube , Amazon. All the new movies that come out in the theatres, just a day or two after the theaters get them. All the sports channels, I mean all the sports channels. I watch the news daily from Minneapolis, MN, the Vikings, Twins, all Gopher sports. And the price is only $37.50 per month. You do have to gave the internet, which most people have. Or you can call Alan at (352-568-5520) Tell him Vern sent you.
$500 !!!!! Aside from the fact u can "do it urself" for nothing u may want to refrain from posting "his" info:

Four Vendors Face '''Jailbreak''' Charges At Flea Market: Sheriff | Lakeland, FL Patch

IPTV Sellers Could Now Facing Jail Time in the United States | Cord Cutters News

Pirate IPTV Box Seller Faces Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit in the US

I've seen some of those "first run" movies (when they were only in theaters, not pirated off Netflix etc) and the PQ was horrendous on many of them plus it wasn't fun watching tall hairdo's in front of the recording cam popping up and down on the screen. The ones stolen off online services were fine but ones that were (in the "old days") only in theaters were horrible.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:13 AM
Default Comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Fishers View Post
Old news. Comcast announced new rates 3 mos. Ago
Enclosed with a Comcast bill a few months ago was a price increase list starting January 1, 2021.SOME items had a price increase including rental equipment and services. Comcast has price increases once or twice a year.It doesn’t matter if you have a 2 year agreement you will pay the increase. If you cancel cable tv and phone but need internet only it seems Comcast has the ability to OVERCHARGE you for the internet service only. How many villagers pay full monthly prices for lawn cutting 3 or 4 months a year when in winter usually your lawn will be cut once a month. How many villagers pay a handyman $40.00 per hour to do the most minor tasks in the house even if it only takes 15 minutes? There is excessive talk in the Villages about seniors being ripped off from all directions but no action.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
One trick is to quit the service and then immediately sign up your spouse as "a new customer" since they give discounts to new customers. And in two years, do this trick again.
Yep, been doing that for probably 30 years between Comcrap, Fios, Xfinity, DirecTV never a problem. Just make sure you clear all cookies on your browser and use a different email address.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:13 PM

I got sick and tired of playing the Comcast game, raise rates/fees, call and complain, make adjustment then repeat the process several months later. We have Centurylink internet (1000m/b) and youtube TV, all the channels we watch and HD and all DVR we ever want.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't think equipment rental charges can increase during the 2 year agreement.
From their "agreement":Equipment, installation, taxes and fees, Broadcast TV Fee (up to $19.45/mo.), Regional Sports Fee (up to $14.45/mo.) and other applicable charges extra, and subject to change during and after the term agreement.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, bill, contract, years, frustrating

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.