Comcast, ugh!

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2022, 06:41 AM
Default Comcast, ugh!

Signal on and off. Is it the wind or just more of the same with Comcast???. Gave up last night watching Sony Open, picked up a good book.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:41 AM

Get Quantum Fiber
Old 01-17-2022, 12:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Get Quantum Fiber
Depends on location. Fiber not available in all areas, therefore, some of us have no choice.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartle1 View Post
Signal on and off. Is it the wind or just more of the same with Comcast???. Gave up last night watching Sony Open, picked up a good book.
I have Comcast and watched the Football all day without a hitch. It's possible the issue was at the source in HI? Most of the cable infrastructure here I believe is underground where you would not expect the wind to have an effect on your cable service.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Haven't had a problem I have noticed in 4+ years. Even worked during IRMA. Some areas probably have worse infrastructure than others which is why it varies so much. Only complaint I have is I notice a bit more than normal pixelization. Maybe the wind was getting into your demarc on your outside wall and shaking a loose termination. Make sure all your connectors are tight on the outside of your home in the box where the cables come in.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:00 PM
Veteran member
Default comcast

Quote:
Try resetting the receiver. Just say "reset receiver" in voice control. A prompt will show up on screen and say "reset receiver" , click on it. It will take a couple of minutes then picture will come back.

When original Comcast rep came to set up my system, rep told me about 1/3 of the receivers he had were problematic.

Worth a try. If that doesn't work, call them and they can try to reset the system for you.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:39 AM
Default Comcast UGGG

Quote:
I switched to Spectrum in June ; excellent people & service.

I had Comcast up north & FL for many yrs.
They are the PITTS in service and customer service
Old 01-18-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I thouht it was just xfinity stream that was horrible!! Freezes up at least 15 times in a couple of hours a night! Hate it and we have the ‘best interent speed’.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:31 PM

We get bumped off occasionally as well. We have to reboot our modem. I am in the Spanish Springs area near Chula Vista Rec Center. We moved here about 4 years ago and they put in all new wiring so we should not have a problem ... but we do!!!
Old 01-20-2022, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Have no idea why ask here what is wrong with your cable service. The good thing about Comcast is that the others stink as well.

The issues are many fold. I was told that our connection is black cable and that the proper cable for running underground should be brown. The service people are subcontractors and most do not care about quality work.

Our neighbor had a pool put in and his people cut the wire. They sent a tech after several days and he confirmed YUP the cable has been cut. No he does not FIX it he only does to the house. So after a few days they sent another tech-he is the wire guy.
Our service was restored. I got a call from a neighbor a few houses down that they left cable laying on his landscaping. I told him it must be trash and to cut it and toss it.
NOPE-they never PROPERLY buried the cable. My connection was again out.

They sent a crew which installed a huge cable, not sure if that has anything to do with me. As it is said don't poke sleeping bears. Our cable is working and has been fine for several years. Our connection is black and brown or is it black and blue?

Triple play? By definition they gocha by the TV, computer and telephone.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, good, picked, open, sony

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.