Coming to look at a home today, but no visitor pass.

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2023, 04:37 AM
Veteran member

I was renting in August and our passes were checked when we were at the pool. We had been there for about an hour and then they came by and checked everyone. First time I was at the pool so can't say how often they check.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:43 AM

This is a community with gates not a gated community.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:08 AM

As far as asking to look around any of the beautiful rec centers, just walk in and look around. No need to announce yourself.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

///

Last edited by Papa_lecki; 09-22-2023 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:57 AM
Default No pass required

[no gate pass is required to enter most areas. Approach the visitor gate and press the red button. The gate will open. We are a community with gates, not a gated community QUOTE=Arancampas;2259130]Morning all! We are heading down from Gainesville to look at a house near Spanish Springs on Nell Way in Lady Lake in a few minutes with one of the Villages realtors. I was surprised that they can't offer a visitor pass to check things out while we're there. We have some clients that live in TV but don't want to mix business with pleasure and ask them to put us down for a pass. Are there any other ways to get a pass besides a lifestyle visit that I'm missing? We just wanted to look at some of the facilities beyond the gates today.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-22-2023, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
No one, except, for golf starters, really check the IDs.
Go into the rec centers, into the pools courts, etc.
Gee. Glad to hear that. Now why not just post it on YouTube!!!!!!!????………and “tear down that wall, Mr Gorbachev”.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

Soooo.....how did it go?
Old 09-22-2023, 06:13 AM

As others have said, no pass needed. You, and even criminals, can simply press the button and drive on in. Sure cameras take a photo of your plate. But if you drive a pickup truck and leave the tailgate down as to hide your plate, problem solved.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
In the past month I have had my ID checked at both pools and rec centers.

As others have written, looking around is almost encouraged but using or participating requires an ID.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-22-2023, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Soooo.....how did it go?
The people are out of their mind for the size and condition of the place! The agent is checking on another for us.

We are mainly looking for something owner financing because we plan to pay it off fast and don't really want the bank hassle. We could easily mortgage our home we live in and just pay in full, but we love the no mortgage, no car payment life.

We did check out the other squares and went to Amerikanos for lunch, so it was a nice day overall.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Absolutely not true. I've been check at our pools all summer.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
Absolutely not true. I've been check at our pools all summer.
So if the original poster goes to a pool or rec center to check it out, they will get asked to leave?
They said they are visiting and wanted to see the amenities. Not actually use the amenities.

BTW, I’ve owned for 5 years, and NEVER got asked for an ID at a pool, pickle or tennis court. Nor have my guests (who always have guest IDs).
Old 09-22-2023, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arancampas View Post
Morning all! We are heading down from Gainesville to look at a house near Spanish Springs on Nell Way in Lady Lake in a few minutes with one of the Villages realtors. I was surprised that they can't offer a visitor pass to check things out while we're there. We have some clients that live in TV but don't want to mix business with pleasure and ask them to put us down for a pass. Are there any other ways to get a pass besides a lifestyle visit that I'm missing? We just wanted to look at some of the facilities beyond the gates today.
Thanks.
What you REALLY need to look at is the fact that Florida and the world have set all-time records for HEAT in August and the whole summer. I would be looking NORTH for relocation if I were you.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
That's the myth that we are a gated community...we are a community with gates, but anyone can enter.
At the outset, the roads through TV were private and a pass was needed. At some point, the roads needed repair and the Developer went to the County to arrange the repairs. He was told that the County does not pay to repair private roads. The "private roads" were donated to the county.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arancampas View Post
The people are out of their mind for the size and condition of the place! The agent is checking on another for us.

We are mainly looking for something owner financing because we plan to pay it off fast and don't really want the bank hassle. We could easily mortgage our home we live in and just pay in full, but we love the no mortgage, no car payment life.

We did check out the other squares and went to Amerikanos for lunch, so it was a nice day overall.
Owner financing will be difficult to obtain. Most sellers want cash at closing. In my opinion, the new houses are a better deal and less risky than pre-owned houses. You will get an excellent warranty. I would suggest getting a bank mortgage and plan to pay it off when you can.
Closed Thread

Tags
pass, visitor, today, live, mix

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.