Coming to look at a home today, but no visitor pass.

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2023, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arancampas View Post
The people are out of their mind for the size and condition of the place! The agent is checking on another for us.

We are mainly looking for something owner financing because we plan to pay it off fast and don't really want the bank hassle. We could easily mortgage our home we live in and just pay in full, but we love the no mortgage, no car payment life.

We did check out the other squares and went to Amerikanos for lunch, so it was a nice day overall.
So looks like you are not a fan, and didn’t enjoy your visit, or was your comment about the house size and condition.

Home here sell for more than average market.

We had 2 offers one contingent on 3 months to sell house
The other less money but close with mostly cash in 20 days.

We took the 20 day close.

You might want to reconsider how you buy, most will not do owner financing, plus what if it takes you 6 months plus to sell. Either way will your home pay for something comparable in TV?
Old 09-22-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
No one, except, for golf starters, really check the IDs.
Go into the rec centers, into the pools courts, etc.
My ID is frequently checked as well as my guests last weekend.

You will be allowed to observe but participating may require a pass.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
What you REALLY need to look at is the fact that Florida and the world have set all-time records for HEAT in August and the whole summer. I would be looking NORTH for relocation if I were you.
We moved away from PA for the heat. We spent a couple years in Phoenix before moving here to FL. Definitely not worried about the temps.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So looks like you are not a fan, and didn’t enjoy your visit, or was your comment about the house size and condition.

Home here sell for more than average market.

We had 2 offers one contingent on 3 months to sell house
The other less money but close with mostly cash in 20 days.

We took the 20 day close.

You might want to reconsider how you buy, most will not do owner financing, plus what if it takes you 6 months plus to sell. Either way will your home pay for something comparable in TV?
That comment was just about the place we looked at. We love TV so far. We don't plan on selling our current home any time soon, but if we did mortgage it, we would only do enough to cover the balance after some added cash for a home in TV. Even though they are only an hour apart, if we spent a month at a time down there, we could Airbnb our house here between 250-300 a night and even more at certain times. The agent just messaged us a 2 year old home that may work out perfect.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You’re exactly right, the roads in TV are public roads so you’re exactly right, just push the red button!
Old 09-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,741 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
That comment was just about the place we looked at. We love TV so far. We don't plan on selling our current home any time soon, but if we did mortgage it, we would only do enough to cover the balance after some added cash for a home in TV. Even though they are only an hour apart, if we spent a month at a time down there, we could Airbnb our house here between 250-300 a night and even more at certain times. The agent just messaged us a 2 year old home that may work out perfect.
Check the county website to see how much they paid for it. They are probably asking a lot more than they paid. If so, why buy a 2-year old house when you can buy a new house?
Old 09-22-2023, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,941 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
In the counties that the roads are paid for by the county anyone can use. Thus the red button.

If the community's pay for the roads they can be private and the community also has to maintain the roads.

I would ask the realtor if any developments have private roads.

Would that be Marion County?
Old 09-22-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Check the county website to see how much they paid for it. They are probably asking a lot more than they paid. If so, why buy a 2-year old house when you can buy a new house?
The whole bond thing bothers me. I can't wrap my head around paying an extra 20-30k on top of market. Who knows, maybe we'll go with a new build in the end. We aren't under a time crunch or anything, so we're just going with the flow. I really like some of the larger homes that have pools, so maybe we wait another year when we can throw an extra 100k or so down and go that route. Anything could happen.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,741 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
The whole bond thing bothers me. I can't wrap my head around paying an extra 20-30k on top of market. Who knows, maybe we'll go with a new build in the end. We aren't under a time crunch or anything, so we're just going with the flow. I really like some of the larger homes that have pools, so maybe we wait another year when we can throw an extra 100k or so down and go that route. Anything could happen.
Most of the newer pre-owned houses will have a bond that is almost as high as a new house.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
So if the original poster goes to a pool or rec center to check it out, they will get asked to leave?
They said they are visiting and wanted to see the amenities. Not actually use the amenities.

BTW, I’ve owned for 5 years, and NEVER got asked for an ID at a pool, pickle or tennis court. Nor have my guests (who always have guest IDs).
I’ve been here 9 years and got checked lots of times depending on where I went. Agree, some rec center workers are lazy and some are not.

When I got here I first rented by Chula Vista and got checked every time I went in rec center, the pool, or pickleball courts if I was there more than hour. IMO depends on area and center workers.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
About only way you’ll get out of bond buy older house with bond paid. The newer the house most likely the more the bond?
Old 09-22-2023, 08:49 AM

Hummm thats the "historic side" of the villages I would suggest Anything on the other side of 441 in Villages would be better
Old 09-22-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Some people, like my husband and I, prefer preowned to new. Improvements have been made and settling has occurred.
Old 09-22-2023, 09:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Gee. Glad to hear that. Now why not just post it on YouTube!!!!!!!????………and “tear down that wall, Mr Gorbachev”.
Not true, out pool gets checked on every few days, must have a Villages ID.
Old 09-22-2023, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
If you read other threads on this topic…..you will find this isn’t very popular/acceptable to many Village residents.

Tags
pass, visitor, today, live, mix

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.