Coming May 13th

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!
Wink Coming May 13th

So, here it is in a nutshell. I made plans a long time ago to come down in May for a Lifestyle visit
Today, April 19th, in the north suburbs of Chicago, it is currently 44 degrees. Not only is is cold, it is rainy with a very brisk wind off Lake Michigan. People, that lake is cold even in the summer months! Just took my dogs for a walk and had to dress for winter. I had a scarf, ear-muffs, and winter jacket. I was wet and cold by the time we got home, and found myself thinking about my upcoming visit. Can't wait to check it out, and I think I may have to come prepared with a checkbook and mileage plus card!!!!! Don't know at this point if I'll last the three weeks! Can't wait to meet some of you and learn all about your communities!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Platinum member

hotrodgirl:

My first observation is that most of your post was about members' reactions to your situation! With all due respect, I think that we're almost entirely focused on our situation!

You may be chilly up north, but we're toasty warm here!

Not to say you may be "challenged" in TVbut remember that most of us have already solved that problem!

Personally, I really do hope that you will embrace and join us all here in The Villages!

SWR
Old 04-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!
Thumbs up

There is no challenge I can't overcome. Especially if you share whatever it was your smiley's were toasting with!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
So, here it is in a nutshell. I made plans a long time ago to come down in May for a Lifestyle visit
Today, April 19th, in the north suburbs of Chicago, it is currently 44 degrees. Not only is is cold, it is rainy with a very brisk wind off Lake Michigan. People, that lake is cold even in the summer months! Just took my dogs for a walk and had to dress for winter. I had a scarf, ear-muffs, and winter jacket. I was wet and cold by the time we got home, and found myself thinking about my upcoming visit. Can't wait to check it out, and I think I may have to come prepared with a checkbook and mileage plus card!!!!! Don't know at this point if I'll last the three weeks! Can't wait to meet some of you and learn all about your communities!
Yeah the Great lakes are all pretty cold. I live 6 miles south of Lake Ontario. It was 81 here today and 54 by the lake shore. Lake temp is about 51.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 PM

I know you will enjoy your visit but remember, snow boots, heavy coats and ear muffs are forbidden in TV.

Jim
Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Sage

Have a wonderful trip, Hotrodgirl. Glad to know you are bringing your checkbook.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.