Complaint About The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,194 Times in 2,268 Posts

Maybe the solution would be a "Resident" ID, with a specific time limit, and no photo ID, but a link to the person requesting the additional ID. The time limit could be 6 months, maybe a year. The additional pass would state something like ONLY VALID WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY Mr/Ms J. Q. Public". In his manner, singles would be able to take their current date to TV functions when together, but the 'date' would not be able to use the card alone
This is my humble idea, please do not shoot the messenger.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Now we all know that the Developer doesn't make any mistakes, at least according to some on this forum. Everything is well thought out, and The Villages is just perfect as it is. So the standard line is "if you dont like it you can leave".

I don't happen to agree with that philosophy, by the way. And I do see your points about singles.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Gold member

I agree with Joe!
Old 12-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
That's not the only unfair rule in The Villages. If you buy a trail pass for your golf cart (for golfing), it costs a single person as much as a couple....
$140.+ per year. I know.........'it's all about the DEED', but that still doesn't make it fair for the singles. IMHO it should be changed to be more fair. (It doesn't affect me because I am married)
I believe that's because the pass is for the house, not any specific number of people.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Why not take the guest pass dilemma to the Villages Homeowner Association?

The Villages Homeowners Association Home Page - The Villages Homeowners Association

Old 12-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

Thank you for bringing this up Joe. There must be a readily implementable, satisfactory and workable solution out there.

The demographic reality is more and more 55 and over people are single/divorced/widowed and remaining so (another baby boomer trend?).

This pass issue has been and continues to be a primary concern for me as a potential single Villager. As it stands, singles are subsidizing the two or more folks households because the amenities fees are paid on a per household basis rather than a per person basis.

I like the previously proposed idea of having a pass that allows single resident Villagers to bring outside dates to Villagers only facilities and events. These passes could be restricted to "only when accompanies by the identified single Villager".

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-30-2014, 06:21 PM

Totally agree with 2BNTV. There should be a second ID issued to the deed holder and registered as "Sponsored User ID". Seems simple enough and should be pushed through to fruition.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Being a single person, I have only one complaint about TV.

You only get one resident I.D. and married couples get two. I know the rules that it goes by the names on the deed, etc. I still think this is unfair.

If a single person meets someone outside of TV and who wants to take their date to a resident function where they need to produce a resident I.D. and or gets into a relationship, the other person does not have access as the resident does, because the single person has one resident I.D.

I know people will respond that "it is what it is", but the singles get screwed. IMHO

It indicates one needs to live with a person, if they want to enjoy their company in TV environment. It seems to be a little far fetch option, as opposed to, getting two resident I.D's. Would it kill everything about TV, if single people got an second or resident/guest I.D? How many extra I.D's. would need to be distributed?

I know it's the developer ballpark and he/she can take his/her bat and ball home, if someone states a different point of view. It seems like a form of discrimination, against the single populace.

This has been discussed before but would like to see if there are any options, to changing this scenario.

Just waiting for the married people to say BOO-HOO!!!
Wrong Joe! Why not my Grandkids, Why not my Ex Wife, why not my Aunts and Uncles, why not my girlfriends who my wife doesn't know about, and why not just anybody who you think should be exempt. Follow the rules like the rest of us do!
Old 12-30-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
Wrong Joe! Why not my Grandkids, Why not my Ex Wife, why not my Aunts and Uncles, why not my girlfriends who my wife doesn't know about, and why not just anybody who you think should be exempt. Follow the rules like the rest of us do!
Joe hasn't broken any rules and is simply suggesting a fair solution to his and I'm sure many others problem who are in the same situation. Why would any of the existing two member ID households have an issue with 2BNTV's request? Is the cost of a home cheaper for single owners? Fair would be distribute two per household regardless of deed ownership.

What happens when a spouse passes in TV? Does the ID pass of the deceased get revoked?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Sage
Quote:

All of these people would get TV ID's if they are on your deed, with the possible exception of the grandkids depending on their ages.

If we didn't embrace change, women would not be voting, same sex marriage would be impossible, etc etc etc.

Perhaps it's time for TV to move into the 21st century. Does anybody know how other retirement communities handle their ID cards?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

I completely agree with Joe and think this is unfair. I was explaining this recently to some friends and they doubted me, thinking it was absurd. Sadly it is true and does need to be examined.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Old 12-30-2014, 08:00 PM

Seems to me a resident ID is only for residents. Guess passes should be available for significant others, but limited to use when with the resident. We should not have permanent guess passes floating around. You know they would be abused!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

According to the current rules a resident can only bring a guest to a function requiring guest passes if they reside outside sumter, lake, or Marion counties. So if a male resident wants to bring a female to an event she must be from outside the three surrounding counties to get a guest pass. Is that not correct? There should be some provision allowing for a companion pass, if you will, for single residents. That's the way I see it.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
All of these people would get TV ID's if they are on your deed, with the possible exception of the grandkids depending on their ages.

If we didn't embrace change, women would not be voting, same sex marriage would be impossible, etc etc etc.

Perhaps it's time for TV to move into the 21st century. Does anybody know how other retirement communities handle their ID cards?
A person does not need to be "on the deed" to get a resident ID.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.