Concrete Curbing around the the house or garden area

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2020, 07:13 AM
Default Concrete Curbing around the the house or garden area

I am looking to add some "concrete curbing" around a garden area. Not sure how to begin looking for someone that might do this work. Who has used one of these services? Good experience or bad experience? Who do you reccomend? What is a fair price to pay ?
Thank you !
Old 10-15-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

OP, be sure you get ARC approval for this work, in general any changes outside or to the house need approval. The cost is nothing, and due to my previous experiences, I would NOT rely on the contractor doing this. Also, if some of your neighbors have this you might try knocking on the door and asking for recommendations.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

We had some curbing around garden areas when we bought our house. Some roots shoved up/broke one section around a tree, and I called around to try and get it replaced, but no one would do such a small job. Sorry, hope you find someone.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
We had some curbing around garden areas when we bought our house. Some roots shoved up/broke one section around a tree, and I called around to try and get it replaced, but no one would do such a small job. Sorry, hope you find someone.
If you can cut and remove the root, some construction adhesive may work for 'gluing' the pieces together.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I am looking to add some "concrete curbing" around a garden area. Not sure how to begin looking for someone that might do this work. Who has used one of these services? Good experience or bad experience? Who do you reccomend? What is a fair price to pay ?
Thank you !
Curb it Company of Lady Lake Inc
Old 10-16-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Curb It did mine as a subcontract job from the landscaper some 8+ years ago. I think they had a 300 foot minimum (or charged for it) but I forget the price. Regardless, it was affordable and we like it a lot. After a few years, I put some exterior sealer on it to maintain a color and sheen. I had a small crack, I just put some concrete sealer in there and covered it up.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:39 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
We were happy with them.
Closed Thread

Tags
concrete, curbing, experience, area, garden

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.