Concrete walls sweating

Old 01-16-2024, 09:22 AM

Thank you!
Old 01-16-2024, 09:26 AM
Default Humidity

Our concrete walls in our lanai were soaked with water running down them. Shorted out my outlets and now have no power on lanai. Can I let them dry out or do I need an electrician? Yes, I tripped the breaker a few times.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJfromCincy View Post
Our concrete walls in our lanai were soaked with water running down them. Shorted out my outlets and now have no power on lanai. Can I let them dry out or do I need an electrician? Yes, I tripped the breaker a few times.
I would turn off the breaker, remove the outlet covers, and use a hair dryer. Hopefully, they will start working again.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:39 AM
Default Sweaty walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie65 View Post
Just moved into a villa. I noticed as I returned home that there was water along my floors besides both sides of my front door. A friendly neighbor came by and informed me that the walls were wet. There was water dripping from the door frame. Has anybody encountered this? I did notice a mildew smell outside.I thought it was the planters and had them emptied .Maybe its the sweaty walls?
My husband is an air conditioning guy. And he said it's something more than just humidity.
he said you could put the air conditioning on fan and not auto and let it see if it can dry it out. otherwise you should have someone come and look at your roof and see what's going on. It should not be dripping wet humidity is different than dripping wet.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACEALLEMAN View Post
My husband is an air conditioning guy. And he said it's something more than just humidity.
he said you could put the air conditioning on fan and not auto and let it see if it can dry it out. otherwise you should have someone come and look at your roof and see what's going on. It should not be dripping wet humidity is different than dripping wet.
This is on the exterior of the house, so I don't understand how the air conditioner would do anything. Also, the problem has nothing to do with a roof leak. The exterior walls were wet from humidity.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbs317 View Post
I found this article on sweating concrete walls…
How to Stop Concrete Sweating > Articles > Ghostshield(R).

At least the walls aren’t bleeding ������
Thanks for the link. Will watch for any mold.

After checking the gutters for leaks we figured out it must be condensation. Appreciate the verification
Old 01-16-2024, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,783 Times in 3,649 Posts

& again this morning
Old 01-16-2024, 10:05 AM

The breaker for our lanai tripped once and in addition to flipping the breaker in the elec box, we also had to press the reset button in the GFCI outlet in our garage. They are "connected" somehow.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This was a very strange occurrence. It was caused by a combination of rain, wind, and humidity. The exterior concrete walls around my front door were covered with water from the floor to the ceiling, and water was dripping off of the door frame. There was no leak or sprinkler issue.
It might seem unusual now, but we all know that WARM air holds more moisture. If you check, you can find out that the last 10 years worldwide are the WARMEST on record. The Gulf and ocean temperatures surrounding Florida, as measured by Climatologists, have been increasing each year. More moisture equals more dew-like sweating on doors, windows, and walls.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:52 PM
Default Friday was weird...

I didn't see any issues at my house, but walking around Lake Sumter Landing, it was weird that the sidewalk was wet everywhere but it wasn't raining. Even concrete under a roof or awning was wet, very odd situation. (Been in Florida since 1984).
Old 01-18-2024, 04:56 PM

Caution, something to watch out for. If there is a CGFI Electrical plug in the wall you notice the "sweating", make sure it is well sealed with silicone. Getting this "sweat" in the plug will short out the CGFI circuit in the garage. It has happened to me, and others I am sure.

Tags
walls, water, door, encountered, frame

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.