Confederate Flag / Political Flag

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2020, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

2 flags could be side by side on 2 poles. Can we have 2 flag poles in TV?
Old 01-31-2020, 06:22 PM

From your post I can't tell if there is an American flag involved.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
See what you started?
I know what you mean! All I really want is to know the law and see it in writing. And if what I saw was wrong who to contact. Dats it. I don't know if you saw the posts that were graciously deleted very early today. They were wild.

I'm not against these peoples flags at all. I am not trying to sway or change anybody. I'm against the American Flag Not being flown at the top. Seems sensible to me.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:14 PM

I thought I heard somewhere at TV that flag poles were not allowed.....they actually are viewed as statues/icons/extra stuff that is not allowed. They kinda look away during Christmas holidays, but after that they do not allow it. Might want to check with the organization that checks lawns and their removal, upkeep, etc.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:46 PM

No American flag being flown.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

I have a flag pole something on the side of my garage, but I don’t see anyone have any flags in my neighborhood. I figured that it was for July 4th.

Someone put out a small holder with a small cloth on the lawn that says: “We are playing” and that’s about it.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

As I understand this complex thread, no American flag was on the flag pole in question. There was a flag on top that was maybe a confederate flag or a team flag, but some flag that the OP thought was a confederate flag. And below that some political flag. Left, right, not stated that I saw.

I had a great great grandfather and a great grandfather who fought in the civil war for the North. So not a fan of the confederate flag.

However they have a first amendment right to fly both those flags as long as no American flag is involved or if it was, the American flag is above the other two. A lot of really good people died to give them that right. So if it offends you to bad. We have taken "the politically correct" thing to do or say to the point of being absurd. It's their flag, their flag pole, and from what I can read here they have not dishonored the American flag so drop it.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:44 AM

The American Flag is not on the pole so reversing does nothing. There is no requirement to put an American Flag on the pole. I would
rather see one but some people only fly their college flags.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:49 AM

Flag etiquette for the U.S. Flag only applies if there is a U.S. Flag flying. If there is no U.S. Flag then Flag etiquette does not apply. You still have not made it clear if there is a U.S. Flag present. The only Flag etiquette is this Top U.S. Flag, below the State Flag, below that a Local Flag, below that, any other flags.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:51 AM

The vast majority of the time the confederate flag means two things. One of which is the person flying the flag is likely uneducated. The second is obvious and often follows the first. While it may be someone's right to fly the flag it doesn't make it desireable to have it in your neighborhood.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
The vast majority of the time the confederate flag means two things. One of which is the person flying the flag is likely uneducated. The second is obvious and often follows the first. While it may be someone's right to fly the flag it doesn't make it desireable to have it in your neighborhood.
YEP...nailed it.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

There is a Villager down the street who plays "Taps" at sundown on many days. This is incorrect! Taps is played at Military funerals or before midnight on military bases. He should be playing "Retreat" at sundown as the flag is lowered. This is just incorrect. I think I will call Community Watch and Community Standards to see if they can do something!......LOL!
Old 02-01-2020, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Incorrect.....Many true, native, Southerner's like me had distant relatives from the early and mid 1800's who died in the "War of Northern Aggression". Although I do not fly the Confederate Battle Flag I still admire the fact that my family history was one of coming here from Ireland and Scotland, assuming land under a government grant program, raising a family, farming and wanting to be left alone. The person flying that flag may be more educated than you and just is showing their pride in being a Southerner! Today's world is one of attempting to change history. We cannot.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Incorrect.....Many true, native, Southerner's like me had distant relatives from the early and mid 1800's who died in the "War of Northern Aggression". Although I do not fly the Confederate Battle Flag I still admire the fact that my family history was one of coming here from Ireland and Scotland, assuming land under a government grant program, raising a family, farming and wanting to be left alone. The person flying that flag may be more educated than you and just is showing their pride in being a Southerner! Today's world is one of attempting to change history. We cannot.
And where the special interest groups can get away with it....eliminate history.
Yale for example is eliminating some of the history programming as it has been found to not be diverse enough.
The sad part of what is "going on today" is it is the minority (not race) that is winning these moves to change the world as it HAPPENED.

I know....off the subject of the thread but some what tangential.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post

Given the attempt at revisionist history once again regarding the reason for the Civil War and its traitorous attempt at destroying the United States through secession...I think your post is worth repeating.
Closed Thread

Tags
flag, confederate, flown, political, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.