Confusing Covid Report

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts
Default Confusing Covid Report

The great local online news outlet that we all have faith in is reporting a total of 679 cases of Covid 19 in Coleman with an additional 156 at the Federal Prison in Coleman. The entire population of Coleman excluding the prison is less than 900 translating to 75% of the population has tested positive. I am wondering how accurate the other figures are for the county of Sumter.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:55 AM

I don't know how they get their information, I have not seen them state where they get them. You can look up cases by zip code, the regular state dashboard has a tab on the bottom. So there might be a zip code including Coleman, and the surrounding area, which they are calling "Coleman". The prisons may have to report their numbers and make them public, I know the Orlando TV stations will report on cases at the various prisons.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
I don't know how they get their information, I have not seen them state where they get them. You can look up cases by zip code, the regular state dashboard has a tab on the bottom. So there might be a zip code including Coleman, and the surrounding area, w.
The State of Florida doesn't report Covid data for Federal facilities but the Federal Bureau of Prisons does.

BOP: COVID-19 Update

The State of Florida does report on Covid in its correctional facilities

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_pa...ath_latest.pdf
Closed Thread

Tags
coleman, population, covid, prison, excluding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.