Community Watch vs Community Standards

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James
Default Community Watch vs Community Standards

After reading the most recent mini-rant about the Community Watch, I had to post this thread.
It's obvious that most of you do NOT know or understand which entity here in The Villages, does what.
Let me help you understand.
I read where some of the posters believe that the Community Watch drivers are there to site violations. This is NOT true. It is Community Standards which is in charge of deed violations. And just so you know, as is everything here in the neighborhood, it is complaint driven. Meaning, you are most likely being turned in by one of your neighbors. Community Standards telephone # is (352) 751-3912. Remember, this entity is in charge of violations.
Community Watch on the other hand, is a separate entity, also complaint driven in most parts. They handle such things as residents complaining about landscapers trucks parked in the roads, wildlife in yards, roadway gates which were knocked off by our bad / impatient drivers, suspicious people and cars, directing traffic during events / accidents, missing people, well-being checks in homes, garage doors left open all night, check neighborhood pools for non-residents, pick up construction materials which falls off construction workers trucks, etc..., etc..., etc...
Community Watch Dispatch # is (352) 753-0550.
Apparently, in the previous mini-rant, the gentleman who called Community Watch spoke with someone at dispatch. That person(s) obviously made a mistake, in thinking the Community Watch drivers carry jumper cables which they DO NOT. Is all of Community Watch to be bashed for a mistake of one. Who knows, maybe that person who answered the phone was new and didn't know the real answer to the question.
Also, Mike Tucker is NOT the head of Community Watch. You would need to speak with either Scott Widler or Janet Tutt.
That's all I have to say.
I, like so many others lately, are finding more and more of these posts, non-informative to residents rather than informative. Know what you are talking about before posting please!!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
After reading the most recent mini-rant about the Community Watch, I had to post this thread.
It's obvious that most of you do NOT know or understand which entity here in The Villages, does what.
I read where some of the posters believe that the Community Watch drivers are there to site violations. This is NOT true. It is Community Standards which is in charge of deed violations. And just so you know, as is everything here in the neighborhood, it is complaint driven. Meaning, you are most likely being turned in by one of your neighbors. Community Standards telephone # is (352) 751-3912. Remember, this entity is in charge of violations.
Community Watch on the other hand, is a separate entity, also complaint driven in most parts. They handle such things as residents complaining about landscapers trucks parked in the roads, wildlife in yards, roadway gates which were knocked off by our bad / impatient drivers, suspicious people and cars, directing traffic during events / accidents, missing people, well-being checks in homes, garage doors left open all night, check neighborhood pools for non-residents, pick up construction materials which falls off construction workers trucks, etc..., etc..., etc...
Apparently, in the previous mini-rant, the gentleman who called Community Watch spoke with someone at dispatch. That person(s) obviously made a mistake, in thinking the Community Watch drivers carry jumper cables which they DO NOT. Is all of Community Watch to be bashed for a mistake of one. Who knows, maybe that person who answered the phone was new and didn't know the real answer to the question.
Also, Mike Tucker is NOT the head of Community Watch. You would need to speak with either Scott Widler or Janet Tutt.
I, like so many others lately, are finding more and more of these posts, non-informative to residents rather than informative. Know what you are talking about before posting please!!!!
H

Thank you for posting this. It's true, there is often a lot of misinformation going around.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:

Thank You
Old 04-14-2014, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Thanks for the
Old 04-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Well, another two or three posters who did not notice that the "jumper cables" fiasco was over four years old and the latest issue was something else entirely, and who also did not read the article in the 3/25/14 issue of The Daily Sun wherein our CW personnel were out actively enforcing parking rules at the town squares. See, they can be proactive if the right people order them to be proactive!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Well, another two or three posters who did not notice that the "jumper cables" fiasco was over four years old and the latest issue was something else entirely, and who also did not read the article in the 3/25/14 issue of The Daily Sun wherein our CW personnel were out actively enforcing parking rules at the town squares. See, they can be proactive if the right people order them to be proactive!
YUP!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you! I suspect because folks read something on TOTV or heard it at the pool it must be true! This is excellent information...maybe even to bookmark!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:17 AM

Personal experience with CW...
we are new bees So followed the instructions( water every other day) from our landscaper after a large area of sod replaced.

Notice 1 received from water co. Using too much water.
Notice.2 CW came by..she told me I should have the sprinkler system checked...water was going onto the street. We had the system checked when we moved in,but I did not know the sprinkler heads could go wacky so soon.
She also informed me I was watering on the wrong day...
I appreciated the information and also passed it on to the landscaper.
New grass needs to be watered more frequently ....I adjusted the length of time & days.
Everyone's a happy camper...
COMMUNITY WATCH helped us save water AND not water street. I know the golf cart drivers appreciated it too.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:19 AM

Hasn't Tucker resigned?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

It's Scott Wilder.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM

Very useful information about the different departments. Thank you. Nice job.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.