Construction Update #126 – A trip down the new Central Parkway 5/14/2023

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2023, 10:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default Construction Update #126 – A trip down the new Central Parkway 5/14/2023

Here’s another update on the construction happening here in The Villages. We start out with a look at the three recreation areas under construction and we’ll do a Then-and-Now look at Richmond from last year and just a few days ago. Well also look at Eastport, Middleton, and Lake Denham. A quick peak at Hobby Lobby and the 7-11 at Magnolia Plaza are also included. The video finishes off with a trip down the new Central Parkway where I’ll point out the various villages and sights along the way, this time I do it on a motorcycle instead of a drone so the commentary you get will be easier to match what you are seeing when you drive the new road. Most importantly, for my fellow chocoholics there’s a special treat for you in this video.
https://youtu.be/9p-G5nK6szg
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-15-2023, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Good stuff Don, looked like you had fun making this one - loved the ride on your motorcycle!
Old 05-15-2023, 06:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Hi Don,

We enjoyed the video very much, especially the part that showed the villages of lake Denham and Dabney.

Yesterday we rode our bikes on the beautiful new walking/biking trails thru lake Denham, and then we rode into Dabney as far as the new postal/rec center. Dabney seems to be much larger than we had expected.

In our opinion, the entrance into Dabney looks pretty bad and it may lead to accidents. We think the Developer should have built a roundabout to make it easier for people to turn left after leaving Dabney.

Does the Developer plan to build another road that will allow the residents of Dabney to exit directly onto Route 470?

Your motorcycle ride along Central Parkway was very interesting. I wonder how the residents of Sumterville and Bushnell will like going along that curvy road after leaving their jobs in Leesburg when they are used to driving straight west on 470 at 60 mph. I guess time will tell.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Hi Don,

We enjoyed the video very much, especially the part that showed the villages of lake Denham and Dabney.

Yesterday we rode our bikes on the beautiful new walking/biking trails thru lake Denham, and then we rode into Dabney as far as the new postal/rec center. Dabney seems to be much larger than we had expected.

In our opinion, the entrance into Dabney looks pretty bad and it may lead to accidents. We think the Developer should have built a roundabout to make it easier for people to turn left after leaving Dabney.

Does the Developer plan to build another road that will allow the residents of Dabney to exit directly onto Route 470?

Your motorcycle ride along Central Parkway was very interesting. I wonder how the residents of Sumterville and Bushnell will like going along that curvy road after leaving their jobs in Leesburg when they are used to driving straight west on 470 at 60 mph. I guess time will tell.
There are 2 Dabney entries, the one on Meggison, and another about a mile or so down 47 at the other end of Chandler. All 3 villages are about the same size, Dabney is just longer and skinnier, also the first few times through when it is new to you it always seems longer.

The Meggison entry into Dabney shouldn't be too bad, it's on the bend in the road just before the gate so traffic will (should) be slowing and there are good sight lines for the intersection.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-15-2023, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
There are 2 Dabney entries, the one on Meggison, and another about a mile or so down 47 at the other end of Chandler.
That is really good news. I guess I shouldn't care since we are not going to move there, it is just I hate to see The Villages screw things up, like they did at the Loblolly golf course when they forced walkers to take their pull carts along a dreaded MMP going from 6 green to the 7th tee. But I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Dabney is just longer and skinnier, also the first few times through when it is new to you it always seems longer.
That is so true! The first time we go someplace, it always seems longer.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:14 PM

Don,
As always, your video is great! And I can't think of anything you could do to make it better?! The map, along with compass, make it much easier to follow! I'm looking forward to driving down Central Parkway.
NOTE: As for the hospital, if you watched the video presentation that was hosted(POA?), the TV Hospital rep(Chief Clinical Officer?) stated that the hospital was on hold(indefinitely?). She eluded to staffing issues(with existing facilities), along with pandemic fall-out, etc.
Finally, what is that last facility at the end of your drive? I see that plant from the Turnpike, but unsure what it is?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-15-2023, 09:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
Don,
As always, your video is great! And I can't think of anything you could do to make it better?! The map, along with compass, make it much easier to follow! I'm looking forward to driving down Central Parkway.
NOTE: As for the hospital, if you watched the video presentation that was hosted(POA?), the TV Hospital rep(Chief Clinical Officer?) stated that the hospital was on hold(indefinitely?). She eluded to staffing issues(with existing facilities), along with pandemic fall-out, etc.
Finally, what is that last facility at the end of your drive? I see that plant from the Turnpike, but unsure what it is?
Thanks,
Mike
The cement plant if it's the one just before the turnaround and high speed run.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 05-16-2023, 06:54 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

All this development is so fascinating to watch unfold - Eastport is going to be a great area for entertainment, dining and recreation - can’t wait - Also, Middleton will be a fun area to visit, with the future retail and restaurants that will be built there. Also, looking forward to attending high school football games there at their beautiful new stadium.

And thank you for the great “before and after” footage of my beautiful Village of Richmond - things certainly change quickly here.

The future is a bright and exciting one for The Villages! Retirement is the best!
Old 05-16-2023, 09:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
All this development is so fascinating to watch unfold - Eastport is going to be a great area for entertainment, dining and recreation - can’t wait -

The future is a bright and exciting one for The Villages! Retirement is the best!
Yeah, I pretty much agree with what you say. Ever since they opened Fenney over 6 years ago, we have loved exploring the new areas as they are being developed.

However, Don's motorcycle ride along Central Parkway has definitely discouraged us from driving along that road and checking out the Middleton area in the near future. It is going to be much too busy for us.

Besides, did you notice that Don actually changed lanes in the middle of the roundabout at the end of his ride? I was shocked!

Last edited by VApeople; 05-16-2023 at 10:01 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, villages, central, update, trip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.