Construction Update Flyover 7/21/19

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2019, 07:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default Construction Update Flyover 7/21/19

Here's the latest flyovers of the areas in The Villages, this was shot on Saturday and Sunday. I've included maps this time to help show you where the various construction areas are located. This video is a little longer than most, the first part is of the major areas under construction and at the 9:42 point it shifts to the residential areas.

Construction Update Video 7/21/19

This is probably the most comprehensive video I've shot in a while. Areas included are: Pinellas area, CR470/501 (a new area being worked), The Lofts, the hospital and hotel, Emergency Department, new Brownwood buildings, golf cart bridge over SR44 at Rohan Rec Center, The Villages Grown, Warm Springs Ave. traffic circle, ball fields, Magnolia Plaza, Everglades RC, Turnpike Bridge, Warm Springs/US301 interchange, the dirt mountains at US301 and the Turnpike. At the 9:42 point starts low level (100 ft.) flyovers of all the areas were active home construction is going on in Marsh Bend, Linden, and Monarch Grove.

I believe I've worked out the audio issues (finally) and was able to include a little classical music in the spots with no voiceovers.

Enjoy the video and as always, please subscribe to my YouTube channel (My Channel) and feel free to leave feedback and any special requests and suggestions you may have for upcoming videos.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,243 Posts

Wow Don, awesome video - thank you so much!

The maps helped me tremendously and I liked how you used them for transitions. Incredible how much is going on.

I saw more 4 car garages

Looks like my neighbors will be established two months before my design meeting, so hard to wait
Old 07-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,243 Posts

Suspect the large piles of dirt are called surcharging a site.

To compact the soil, they add a significant load on top of the existing soils using the weight of the additional soils they bring in to compress the existing soils below. It only works for specific soils.

They install monitors to determine the compaction they achieve of the existing soils. It is not used a lot, I think I have seen it on sites a couple of times over the 30 years have been interested in that type of thing.

In this day and age, where time is money, most developers are not willing to spend the time waiting as it is a fairly slow process. Don't know if it also helps in the areas geological testing showed susceptible to sink holes.

http://www.cmwgeosciences.com/geotec...nt/surcharging
Old 07-22-2019, 06:39 PM

Another great video. For those of us “away” from home these are informative, entertaining, and offer a glimpse of our town. Can’t thank you enough.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Suspect the large piles of dirt are called surcharging a site.

To compact the soil, they add a significant load on top of the existing soils using the weight of the additional soils they bring in to compress the existing soils below. It only works for specific soils.

They install monitors to determine the compaction they achieve of the existing soils. It is not used a lot, I think I have seen it on sites a couple of times over the 30 years have been interested in that type of thing.

In this day and age, where time is money, most developers are not willing to spend the time waiting as it is a fairly slow process. Don't know if it also helps in the areas geological testing showed susceptible to sink holes.

http://www.cmwgeosciences.com/geotec...nt/surcharging
Interesting information but not really applicable here, they talk about the pending load conditions for the projected structure. These mounds are about 50-60 feet high which represents an extreme load, many times in excess of the load caused by the homes and scenic properties that will ultimately occupy this property. This technique is used for things like airplane hangers, drydocks, and other large buildings where cyclic loading could impact the building stability.

There was an area like this in the Villages of McClure 18 months ago, it is now home to Loblolly golf course and several ponds.

These staging areas are planned ahead of construction, another is already planned and approved south of CR470 for upcoming construction work.

It costs a lot to keep moving dirt, they move it one time off site and get it out of the way, then move it back when they need it. Unlike the Pinellas area where they moved the same dirt a dozen times over the last year.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-22-2019, 10:19 PM

Great video, Don. We got some nice aerial views of our new Veranda home behind the Swallowtail recreation area. We close in about 2 weeks.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Gold, one of these flyovers I'm going to see Disney in the distance. Coming soon.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Thank you Don.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:09 AM
Default Thank you

Thank you Don, it's an incredible resource you are providing to new home shoppers as well as new home buyers who can see their property in a completely different perspective. It also reminds me to stay on TV butts about resodding my yard before closing!!
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, construction, video, worked, bridge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.